How do I limit the number of satellites showing in the Camera AR view screen?

jbbrouse

May 30, 2012
Central Indiana
I'm using the new DP AR Pro on an iPad2 with IOS 5 to locate direct tv satellites 99w, 101w, and 103w. My satellite dish is a SWM 3LNB.

I have two questions; first why do I see so many satellites in the Camera AR View screen when I have deleted all but the three satelliltes mentioned above, and second, I'm not sure I have selected the right three satellites to save since the AR Pro version does not give me the same satellite choices as appears on the PC version. In that version I select the item titled "Directv SL3 (99w, 101w, 103w)" from the Multi-LNB section of the menu. Can anyone shed light on these issues? Tx

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Just de-selecting the satellites would do. When you delete active satellites, they don't get removed due to a bug which will be addressed with the next release. For now you could download the latest satellite file (just hit the update button) and then de-select the satellite you don't want.

The 99, 101 and 103 satellites are the ones you are looking for with your SL3 dish.

jbbrouse

May 30, 2012
Central Indiana
AlanSH said:
Just de-selecting the satellites would do. When you delete active satellites, they don't get removed due to a bug which will be addressed with the next release. For now you could download the latest satellite file (just hit the update button) and then de-select the satellite you don't want.

The 99, 101 and 103 satellites are the ones you are looking for with your SL3 dish.
I updated the satellite list then again deleted all but the three I want, 99, 101, and 103. I also placed a check mark beside these three in the list. However, I still see all of the satellites in the camera view, Is that what i should expect until the fix?

CA Traveler

Jul 12, 2012
AZ

How do I get this to work with the iPhone 4S and pro version? I deleted most of the W satellites that I didn't want but some still show up besides the 2 that I have "selected". By selected do you mean the check mark? So tried to start over and hit update. Got the message that no update is available. So how can I get just the above 3 satellites until the bugs are fixed?

And when can I expect the bugs to be fixed?

I've got pics of the list and sats if that helps.

Last edited:

AlanSH

DishPointer.COM Admin
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 4, 2007
Hello

I'm working full steam on the iPhone app now but it is a major update so it will be a few more weeks. The bug will be fixed with that update. For now there is no workaround except to just not look at the other satellites.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)