How do i order Directv from canada

Status
Please reply by conversation.
but people do it everyday :)

But does that make it right? Hey you guys do whatever you want, more power to you, but don't sit there and tell us that "Moving" and D* service in Canada isn't against D* rules. You wont go to jail if caught, but I bet your service will be terminated.

"They are paying customers using a false or alternate address. It is no different from 'moving'"

Well said Jason! At least they're paying...Pirates don't pay Directv anything. You can not compare Canadians getting Directv to pirates. Seriously folks. And correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't "moving" also violates Directv terms? It's all the same.

Not sure why there is so much controversy over this. If you can help the poster out great...if you can't, why bother making annoying remarks. I think the vast majority of Canadians trying to get Directv know it is technically illegal. There are risks of course, but same with "moving". They don't have to be reminded by 15 people everytime a post is made or question is asked. When an American asks about Canadian satellite providers you don't see Canadians flooding the message with posts like "What you're doing is illegal!!!" It's TV folks, nothing more. Relax.

Any Canadians around willing to share their 99(c) signal strengths? I am getting anywhere from 25-65% on the transponders and can't get it up at all.. I went out and play with the dish and nothing helped.

103(c) is coming in with high 90s and even a few 100 but I can't get anything good on 99(c) with my Slimline dish.

Thoughts/Suggestions would be appreciated

i am having the same prob with my slime line 5....it looses 99 and then it gets it back....i have has it professionally installed the great white north but i am still havin probs.....and give me a break i pay full price for my direct tv and don't sub out any receivers either so who am i hurting but bell and starchoice.....and to be honest i also have bell...i love that hd pvr...not as good as my old dtv hd tivo....but close...much better than the current crop of direct hd revievers.....

thanks

Last edited:
Hi Guys!! I'm new here and want to weight in on this B.S. thread.

There are plenty of Canadians using DirecTV in Canada, and there are plenty of Snow Bird Canadians using Bell ExpressVU or whatever in Floridia and Arizona.

As far as being illegal, I am a dual citizen now living in Canada. (rig pig, Alberta)

I have had DirecTV since it start in 1990's.

Currently, yes I have my DirecTV hooked up in Canada... but I do also maintain a U.S. and Canadian address.

Personally, I think it's a bunch of B.S. Maybe the U.S. should impose the same restrictions to Canadian sat companies in the U.S. as those imposed by the CRTC in Canada.

Then watch Bell ExpressVU go cry and invest in beam spot for Canadian viewers.

Bell ExpressVU is the worst company I have ever delt with.

If forced to watch Canadian TV I would move back to the USA!!! :D

btw, if DirecTV shuts down the Canadian customers they now service they would lose millions in revenu, so that won't happen any time soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Your posts are welcome here, political commentary is not. I removed the last portion of your post.

WELCOME to the site! Hopefully we can be valuable to you and you'll stay a while ;)

What anyone thinks is reasonable or fair doesn't really matter. Canadian law and DIRECTV policy prohibit it and those from the GWN should work to get both of those policies changed rather than complaining about how unfair it all is.

No law or rule, regardless of how minor or strict, how enforceable or not, how stupid or well deserved, should be blatantly disregarded, turned a blind eye to, snubbed or rationalized because the bottom line is you are breaking the law; PERIOD. Stop trying to deflect personal responsibly or blame over stuff.. NOW.... that being said... if you truly believe a law or rule is stupid or wrong; spend you time getting it changed for everyone; not breaking it ..... and then bitching to everyone about it when you finally do get caught and drag others into it with you.

No law or rule, regardless of how minor or strict, how enforceable or not, how stupid or well deserved, should be blatantly disregarded, turned a blind eye to, snubbed or rationalized because the bottom line is you are breaking the law; PERIOD. Stop trying to deflect personal responsibly or blame over stuff.. NOW.... that being said... if you truly believe a law or rule is stupid or wrong; spend you time getting it changed for everyone; not breaking it ..... and then bitching to everyone about it when you finally do get caught and drag others into it with you.

I hope you never speed.

These wanna-be border patrol agents make me laugh.

I hope you never speed.

These wanna-be border patrol agents make me laugh.

Always a weak go-to argument. I don't intentionally seek to break laws or try to circumvent them; BUT when I have got pulled over; such as not getting out of the passing lane fast enough in Texas; I take my ticket with a "yes sir" and move on. I don't try to claim "but everyone else is doing it", drag my friends and family into the situation with any type of fraudulent lies or the like with fake or misleading addresses or credit card uses. Again... VERY weak argument; you are not comparing like items in an attempt to rationalize illegal activity.

Why in Canada they can get WGN 9 / FOX / CBS / NBC / ABC but we can't get CBC, Global and CTV

different rules. You do realize that Global & CTV pretty much take the network feed and put their own logo on it. They also simsub the hell out of the networks

simsub...
Simultaneous substitution (known also as simsubbing or signal substitution[1]) is a practice mandated by the Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC) requiring Canadian cable, direct broadcast satellite and multichannel multipoint distribution service television distribution companies to substitute the 'signal of a foreign or non-local television station with the signal of a local or regional over-the-air station when the two stations are airing identical programming simultaneously.

Although the policy officially applies to any foreign signal which is carrying programming that a Canadian station is airing in simulcast, in actual practice such programming is virtually always of American origin.

Simultaneous substitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Thanks, xman. I'll have to find out what a UPN is, lol.

Can anybody recommend a place to buy Directv receivers that will ship to Canada?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks, xman. I'll have to find out what a UPN is, lol.

Can anybody recommend a place to buy Directv receivers that will ship to Canada?

Thanks in advance.

I doubt any regular retailer will ship to Canada. Maybe someone on eBay or somewhere similar.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)