How do I record more than 2 shows at once with my 722k

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
those with brains will ALWAYS know when sarcasm is being used.

722K 2 SAT + 2 OTA + 1 Broadband All while watching something already recorded. What more could you ask for?

Here's a little secret: You don't have to connect a dual-tuner receiver to (2) TVs. Many people only connect it to (1), hence the appeal of single-user mode.

Very true in that case. In my case, the TV2 output can be watched on 3 different TV's. My 211, which is in my computer room, is connected to a TV in our bedroom via the coax out. I can control the 211 from the bedroom using Radio Shack's IR remote extender. I know I'm a little on the extreme when it comes to hook ups. A former "lady friend" nicknamed me Gizm0man due to all the remotes I had in the living room. 2 vcrs, BUD, Dish, TV, dvd, stereo and the tv. I

Also, when setting up timers, always chose to record your local channels from the off the air tuner rather then the same channel from the satellite. That will give you fewer conflicts if you have lots of timers going - the way I do.

Also, when setting up timers, always chose to record your local channels from the off the air tuner rather then the same channel from the satellite. That will give you fewer conflicts if you have lots of timers going - the way I do.

I disagree, especially if you have a 722 with only one ota tuner. That prevents you from recording from an ota subchannel. I try to set up my repeating recordings from my locals to use the Dish signal. That permits me to record from either any other colcal channel that I can receive via my ota.

But it will give you a bit less recording time because it isn't compressed as much..... ;)
Not a "bit less", likely a LOT less. People have tested it a bit and typically see HALF the space taken up by the MPEG4, satellite-delivered channel vs OTA.

I'm a newbie, so please excuse me if I make any mistakes posting here. I just purchased a LED/LCD Vizion for my bedroom. I have a HD TV (TV 1) in my family room which receives the HD signal from my 622 DVR. This receiver also serves my bedroom which is TV 2, so no HD signal. Just hooked up the Vizio and it does not like the coax connection from the wall, in other words I lose half the functions and features of this TV and remote.

My wife and I like the ability to record 2 programs and watch a 3rd pre-recorded program from TV 1. Talking to DISH CSR is mind numbing. If I were to upgrade to a 722, am I understanding that I can record 2+ programs without getting an over the air module and antennae, and watch a 3rd pre-recorded program from just TV1? What the wife and I are trying to avoid is getting a second 722 DVR receiver and taping shows on the TV2 receiver and being forced to watch these programs from TV 2 only. Any comments or suggestions, in layman's terms would be greatly appreciated.

Also, if we were required to get 2 receivers, would that mean we would have to get another DISH antennae?

The 722 will have the same recording capabilities as a 622. With a 722, you would be able to record 2 shows, while watching a pre-recorded event (without OTA hooked up), just like you can on your 622. The dish on your home will not need to be upgraded (most likely).

If you want to have both TV's be true HD, you will need to get another receiver installed, or mirror off TV1 (mirroring means it would show the same thing as TV1). The recordings would stay on whichever receiver you recorded them to, unless you use an EHD (external hard drive), then recordings can be transferred between receivers (provided that they're in the same EHD family). Did this answer your question?

My wife and I like the ability to record 2 programs and watch a 3rd pre-recorded program from TV 1. T

Also, if we were required to get 2 receivers, would that mean we would have to get another DISH antennae?

Many people get confused by the TV1 and TV2 designations. When it comes to recording, they refer only to the tuners and both record in HD. When it comes to output, they refer to the actual signal output. Thus, you can record 2 Dish signals and watch a recorded program from either output. In fact you can watch different recorded programs on each TV or the same program independently if you are in dual mode. You only need a module with the k module of the 722. Is your 622 hooked up to an ota? From what I understand, the only real diff between the 622 and the 722 is the size of the hd. You can add an EHD to the 622 for free and get unlimited storage. If you want true HD in the bedroom, get a 211 and spend $40 to activate an external HD. You could connect the 211 to the hdtv via hdmi and still have the 622 conn4cted via coax. Just select the input on the tv. And no, 1 dish can feed both receivers.

That's the way I do it also with my VIP722k/wMT2.:)

Having the MT2(dual OTA tuner module) is one great feature.:D

Don't have a HDTV? I don't either, I'm hooked up with the RF Ch.3 output from the MT2.;)

As I posted before, there is a pitfall to defaulting to the ota tuner tuner especially if your programing the timer for multiple recordings. Especially if you have a plain 722. If your recording a main network program, you can't also record a program on a sub channel. That's why I use the Dish feed of my locals for recording most of the time

A neat feature I just discovered is how to skip/restore future programs in your dvr times. Press the dvr button 3 times and you will see your "Daily Schedule" of programs in your timers. You can go over to the list, select a time and press info. There you can skip/restore the timer, see all the timers for that program currently in the EPG and several other things.

As I posted before, there is a pitfall to defaulting to the ota tuner tuner especially if your programing the timer for multiple recordings. Especially if you have a plain 722. If your recording a main network program, you can't also record a program on a sub channel. That's why I use the Dish feed of my locals for recording most of the time

A neat feature I just discovered is how to skip/restore future programs in your dvr times. Press the dvr button 3 times and you will see your "Daily Schedule" of programs in your timers. You can go over to the list, select a time and press info. There you can skip/restore the timer, see all the timers for that program currently in the EPG and several other things.

I have yet to encounter the pitfalls my VIP 722k/w MT2 was installed in Jan.2011 will report any pitfalls when I see them.So far with my local programming being recorded with my two OTA tuners module has been great and it opens up the option to record 4 programs at once(2 OTA and 2 satellite) while watching a previously recorded program.So far this Dish Network VIP722k/w MT2 module is just one awesome HDDVR,so far,so good.;):D

One other thought on using the OTA tuner/s as the main recoding channels.. They are not MPEG4 so they will take up more room on your hard drive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)