How do I turn a port on a multiswitch

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

melly

Original poster
Jul 6, 2005
I have a Directv DVR. Yesterday I had some installers out to install a second DVR, they brought the wron equipment so I stopped the install. After I stopped the install the guy got upset talking about how he was not going to be paid if he did not do the install. Anyway, he went into my attic before he left and now my DVR is saying it cannot find Sat 2 and 110 & 119 is not being detected. I called the local office who told me it would take a week or so for them to send someone else out to fix what the jerk broke but I really can't wait that long and the to take another day off to wait plus I do not want anyone from that company in my house. According to his local office he told them I did not need it so that is why he turned it off. Why that would be his business is beyond me.
How can I turn Sat 2 back on?

It's entirely possible he could have put in an incorrect multi-switch (a 3x4 instead of a 5x8 or 4x8) A 3x4 multi-switch will only pass the 101 satellite. I would assume you have already also tried a re-set of the unit (this can "sometimes" fix the problem also)

melly said:
I have a Directv DVR. Yesterday I had some installers out to install a second DVR, they brought the wron equipment so I stopped the install. After I stopped the install the guy got upset talking about how he was not going to be paid if he did not do the install. Anyway, he went into my attic before he left and now my DVR is saying it cannot find Sat 2 and 110 & 119 is not being detected. I called the local office who told me it would take a week or so for them to send someone else out to fix what the jerk broke but I really can't wait that long and the to take another day off to wait plus I do not want anyone from that company in my house. According to his local office he told them I did not need it so that is why he turned it off. Why that would be his business is beyond me.
How can I turn Sat 2 back on?

just out of curiosity, what was the problem with the eq??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)