How do I turn on the aiming tone for aiming my Slimline Dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ron Daves

Original poster
Jul 6, 2014
I posted a similar question this morning, but cannot find it, so here goes, again:

My device is a DVR and I think it is an HR22 (recalling from memory).
I've aimed my Directv Slimline dish many times using a cheap Radio Shack Sat Finder (screamer) and my wife yelling over a walkie-talkie, but I have never been able to turn on the aiming tone, if there is one. So, here's my question: Is there such a tone and how do I turn it on.

I would also appreciate a recommendation for an aiming instrument that I can use instead of the screamer.

OK.

First question back to you is how many times do you think you will be aiming your dish? Is this a one-time affair or are you an RV'er who wants to do this a number of times.

Second. Do you have a SWM setup or standard one? This makes a big difference in the type of equipment you need to aim your dish.

Answer these two questions and we might be able to give you some help.

OK.

First question back to you is how many times do you think you will be aiming your dish? Is this a one-time affair or are you an RV'er who wants to do this a number of times.

I'm an RV'er and have aimed my dish at numerous times and in numerous locations for about 10-years. I've used my wife and a Radio Shack Screamer to get aimed. I'd like to get the aiming done without having to use the former resources.

Second. Do you have a SWM setup or standard one? This makes a big difference in the type of equipment you need to aim your dish.

I've never come across the term "SWM" with my setup and have had my DVR for 4-5 years. My setup has two coaxial cables leading into the back of the DVR.

Hope this answers the questions. Thanks.

Answer these two questions and we might be able to give you some help.

You missed my second question, but it sounds like you have a conventional LNB. Regardless, if it were me and I had no equipment now and would be setting up my dish several times on a trip (like I do now), I would seriously look into the Solid Signal SatLook Lite meter. This meter will power either SWM or conventional and will "lock" on 101. (Something my Accutrac meter will NOT do.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts