How do I upgrade?

surraj

Original poster
Mar 19, 2006
Folks,

I've been a dish customer for several years and just purchased an HD capable TV. I want my HD signal but the dish folks are jerking me around.

I currently have a 322 and a 510 using a SuperDish. I would like to have an HD PVR and a two TV SD PVR. How can I go about doing this? I was one of the first SuperDish customers but they tell me I can not upgrade and need to buy my own equipment and then call. I've been leasing for what seems 3 years.

Advice?

Well if you are a good customer, you can trade the 322 in on a Vip622, which does two tvs, one hd one sd for $299. If you wait until April 1st you will still have to pay $299 but will get a $200 dollar rebate as a credit on your bill. Then just keep the 510 for the other SD tv then all three will be DVR/PVR........Unless you are bad with paying your bill and turned off and on. If you do pay good, don't know why they said that, try calling again, you most of the time get a different CSR.

ke4est said:
Well if you are a good customer, you can trade the 322 in on a Vip622, which does two tvs, one hd one sd for $299. If you wait until April 1st you will still have to pay $299 but will get a $200 dollar rebate as a credit on your bill. Then just keep the 510 for the other SD tv then all three will be DVR/PVR........Unless you are bad with paying your bill and turned off and on. If you do pay good, don't know why they said that, try calling again, you most of the time get a different CSR.

They are only offering the 200 rebate to existing 921 and 942 owner's/leaser's.

DucTape said:
They are only offering the 200 rebate to existing 921 and 942 owner's/leaser's.

Is this True only for 921/942? Thats BS for customers like him.

Why is it BS. The rebate is to help compensate people who dished out money for the 921s and 942s.

Thanks..

I tried calling again but they tell me I can buy a 622 from an authorized distributor only. Think I should threaten to cancel, or cancel and wait for that retention call that I know I will get?

Or perhaps I can purchase an older HD PVR from someone willing to sell...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts