How do I use one RG6 to support two receivers?

wooddard

Original poster
Jun 9, 2007
Hi, my main objective is to run only one RG6 cable to support two single tuner receivers with the use of two DP Plus seperators. Am I able to do this with these DPP seperators and if not, is there another way to accomplish this? I made a diagram to demonstrate my planned set up. The satellite location is quite far away from the attic entrance and Rooms 2 and 3 are adjacent to each other, so it would be convenient if there was a way to run only one line.

dishsetupha5.jpg

PS I posted this before but it didn't go through, so I apologize if duplicate posts may later appear.

DP separators only work with Dual tuners. You're gonna need another cable run to the second receiver.

BTW, the use of the separators in that picture is completely wrong. You run a single cable to the separator and feed the two satellite inputs on a dual tuner.

A DP separator will not feed two separate receivers. It is used only to feed two inputs in a dual tuner receiver. Also, you cannot use a legacy receiver with a DP or DPP lnb without an adapter or a DP44.

The seperator is not used as a splitter. Each receiver needs to have a single cable run to work properly. The DP seperator only works on the dual tuners which are not legacy equipment. A legacy receiver needs a DP adaptor to work with a Dish Pro LNB, but I am not sure on a 1000.2 switch. Never installed a 1000.2 yet. With a DPP 44 you can connect a legacy receiver directly.

A DP separator will not feed two separate receivers. It is used only to feed two inputs in a dual tuner receiver. Also, you cannot use a legacy receiver with a DP or DPP lnb without an adapter or a DP44.

I see, thanks. Regarding the lack of legacy support, the 1000.2 manual says otherwise if the LNB is powered by a Dish Pro or DPP receiver on its first port.

i would like help on the following
i have a 301, and a 6000 u reciever, i have dish pr plis lnb with dishpro on 110 119 and 61.5,i have dp 34 switch 3 leg goes to 3 diffrent reciever, how can i use the next cable to connect a 301 and 6000u in a room , so i can switch from the 301 to the 6000, i

i would like help on the following
i have a 301, and a 6000 u reciever, i have dish pr plis lnb with dishpro on 110 119 and 61.5,i have dp 34 switch 3 leg goes to 3 diffrent reciever, how can i use the next cable to connect a 301 and 6000u in a room , so i can switch from the 301 to the 6000, i

why would u want switch between 301 and legacy reciever ???:rolleyes:

A legacy receiver will work with any of this provided there is a DP receiver connected also. DPP44 switch, DPP Twin, and a 1000.2 triple LNB.

This is mostly correct..... a DPP twin will work with legacy equipment With or without and DP or DPP reciever... I have done many dishmovers with 2 legacy recievers hooked up with a DPP twin and never a TC resulted from this configuration.

This is mostly correct..... a DPP twin will work with legacy equipment With or without and DP or DPP reciever... I have done many dishmovers with 2 legacy recievers hooked up with a DPP twin and never a TC resulted from this configuration.

Maybe you just didn't hear about the trouble calls? We've had new guys try this trick, and it's never worked for them. They can bring in 119 good enough to get the customer to sign the paperwork, but someone always ends up going back out there. I know sometimes these kinds of things work with no ryhme nor reason to them, as a 'fluke'. Maybe you got lucky a couple of times but I wouldn't recommend doing this, ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts