How do my signal strengths look?

sofakng

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 5, 2006
Can somebody verify that my satellite signals are good/normal?

I've looked at this chart (http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-network-forum/256056-list-minimum-average-thresholds.html) for the minimum and average thresholds but I'm not sure how accurate they.

I've listed below the minimum and average numbers from that chart as well as the numbers I'm getting on my receiver...

Would a Dish re-point help at all?

61x1061x1461x2961x31
minimum46515846
average54586554
--> mine49536048

72x1572x1772x1972x21
minimum47504851
average55595659
--> mine56585559

77x1377x1677x2077x21
minimum37383840
average46474648
--> mine45434447

It looks to me like your skew could be a hair off but it's such a small difference that I wouldn't worry about it.

The Excel document in that thread you linked to is very accurate as it comes straight from Dish Network themselves. It's only slightly modified.

You're sitting right in between the minimum, and average of your area. Your signals look fine to me. If you are not getting any signal loss messages, I'd leave it alone

Well, I was getting Partial Signal Loss (002) messages every few minutes/hours randomly on my 722k. Changing channels (or pressing Guide) would immediately fix it...

Based on other tips on here, I removed my OTA channels and so far I haven't had one single signal loss... The more I research this, it seems like there might be a bug in the 722k software with low-signal OTA channels? (even though I was getting the error on non-OTA channels)

Based on other tips on here, I removed my OTA channels and so far I haven't had one single signal loss... The more I research this, it seems like there might be a bug in the 722k software with low-signal OTA channels? (even though I was getting the error on non-OTA channels)

The fix for that in the past has been this;
Make sure the tuners are not left on an OTA channel if you are not watching or recording it, or at least left on one that does not lose it's signal.

The receiver is in Single mode so I'm not sure how the tuner could have been left on an OTA channel?

It's still kinda strange though that an OTA tuner would affect a satellite tuner... (ie. watching a satellite program and getting "satellite errors" due to an OTA signal issue)

It's been over 24 hours with the TV on most of the day and we haven't had a single partial signal loss after removing my OTA channels so I'm crossing my fingers but that seemed like the problem...

I wish that satellite would open up to 3rd party DVR units like cable and CableCARD did... oh well. I'm pretty happy with Dish overall though.

Push the "SWAP" button on your remote. The channel it goes to is tuned to or "on" as far as the receiver is concerned.

This bug has existed for a long, long time... I'm not aware that DISH has ever acknowledged it.

Sent from my SkyRaider Zeus Thunderbolt!

Well, I was getting Partial Signal Loss (002) messages every few minutes/hours randomly on my 722k. Changing channels (or pressing Guide) would immediately fix it...

This has been a common problem on the 722/722k systems. If you press Guide then Cancel you'll get the picture back and if you Rewind, you'll find that you didn't loose the signal on that channel. Everything will be there.

This has been a common problem on the 722/722k systems. If you press Guide then Cancel you'll get the picture back and if you Rewind, you'll find that you didn't loose the signal on that channel. Everything will be there.
Yep, that is the way to cure the issue when it occurs, but making sure that the inactive tuner is not left on an OTA channel is the way to prevent, er, I mean reduce it from happening in the first place

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)