How do they get my address?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

HCI

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 19, 2005
land of the ice and snow
We all get Junk Mail. Every now and then I receive some that is just absolutely hilarious. I received this today. By the way these are the Exact Words of the last page of the 8 page letter that I got.

Simply mail or fax this entire page to us

Free-Invitation Form

I, James, feel that something astounding is about to happen in my life! The Nouveau Tech Society has discovered me. I possess very special and rare traits. Because of these traits, the society is willing to send me their secrets that lead to enormous wealth, love and the most phenomenal personal abilities, Absolutely Free, as long as this Free-Invitation Form is postmarked on or before Friday, March 24, 2006. After this Friday, I understand that this opportunity closes, and I won't be given this invitation again, Without hesitation, please send me my personally reserved, 56-page, numbered booklet containing the secrets, completely free of charge, today!

BOY I BETTER JUMP ON THIS :rolleyes:

(Received in the mail: One 56-page, numbered booklet entitled, "The Nouveau Tech Society's Secrets to Personal Success and Wealth"

Page 1:
Purchace CD-ROM containing 1,000,000 e-mail addresses for $19.95 + $10.00 S/H from ???.thenouveautechsociety.tv or send cashier's check for same to:
The Nouveau Tech Society
P.O. Box 88883
F.P.O. New York, NY 10301-8883

Page 2:
After you receive the CD-ROM in 6-8 weeks, simply compose the following e-mail and send it to every address on the CD-ROM:

Simply mail or fax this entire page to us

Free-Invitation Form

I, James, feel that something astounding is about to happen in my life! The Nouveau Tech Society has discovered me. I possess very special and rare traits. Because of these traits, the society is willing to send me their secrets that lead to enormous wealth, love and the most phenomenal personal abilities, Absolutely Free, as long as this Free-Invitation Form is postmarked on or before Friday, March 24, 2006. After this Friday, I understand that this opportunity closes, and I won't be given this invitation again, Without hesitation, please send me my personally reserved, 56-page, numbered booklet containing the secrets, completely free of charge, today!

Pages 3-56: Pages 1 & 2 in Spanish, French, German, Russian, and 23 other languages.

Last edited:
I just got the same invitation but they have a new address. p.o, box 6304 Dover, Delaware 19905-6304

sounds like fodder for the uribl.com folks and surbl as well......

Grrrrrrrrrrr.

(can you tell I hate spammers ? :) )

Just got one today, now they're calling themselves "The Association"

Same PO Box 6304 Dover addy though.

Its so ironic that I found this forum the other day for directv purposes, now I get this letter and google the address and I find my way back again on something completely unrelated.

Call it fate I guess...

I hate spammers. I loath them. They should be found, dragged from their cars, and shot in the face.

Your address probably came from someone's address box. You have to be really careful about picking up viruses, trojans, and phishing expeditions. If it wasn't your email address book, it was someone's else's that you were in.

A lot of these spammers are in Russia and North Korea and away from our laws.

There is an interesting trial going on in Seattle right now. An American spammer is being sued by several providers whose clients were spammed. If the folks bringing the lawsuits win, spammers that are caught, will have to pay MILLIONS in damages. Millions.

Gotta catch them though.

I'm getting a lot of spam at my workplace with stuff like "You Look Stupid Jamey Karr" or "I have you on video..blah blah blah. They want you to click on a link and do God knows what to your computer plus phish for your address.

What ever you do...don't reply. Ever. Just delete it.

with real usps junkmail I sometimes fill the ones that have sase w/rocks. would b nice if u could do same w/ email type spam...

I hate spammers. I loath them. They should be found, dragged from their cars, and shot in the face.

Your address probably came from someone's address box. You have to be really careful about picking up viruses, trojans, and phishing expeditions. If it wasn't your email address book, it was someone's else's that you were in.

A lot of these spammers are in Russia and North Korea and away from our laws.

There is an interesting trial going on in Seattle right now. An American spammer is being sued by several providers whose clients were spammed. If the folks bringing the lawsuits win, spammers that are caught, will have to pay MILLIONS in damages. Millions.

Gotta catch them though.

I'm getting a lot of spam at my workplace with stuff like "You Look Stupid Jamey Karr" or "I have you on video..blah blah blah. They want you to click on a link and do God knows what to your computer plus phish for your address.

What ever you do...don't reply. Ever. Just delete it.

I could be wrong, but I think the first couple of posters were talking about paper mail, not email. At least, that was the impression I got.

Info on this particular outfit can be gotten at: Rip-off Report: Nouveau Tech Society From a REAL customer Ripoff Grove City Ohio

How do companies get your home address? Easy, all the utility companies, the credit card companies, everyone you do business with sells it to them. Its a source of income to them and is exactly how it goes. When I changed phone companies years ago, I changed the listing to reflect a name of Sam Turtle, just to see how many companies the phone company would sell the listing to. Within a week, I started to get junk mail to Sam, but had to toss it as he was no longer residing in my koi pond (found out he liked to eat the fish). :D

Same thing for your email address, companies that you do business with sell it in addition to all the phishing, etc. Everyone likes to blame the phishers, but its just not so, the banks will sell your address in a heartbeat.

The only way you can assure yourself of getting off the junk and spam lists is to READ and act upon the privacy notices that are sent to you. American Express, for example, tries to sell your addresses constantly by changing the terms of its privacy agreement and you have to call in and opt out one more time so they will not "share your data with marketing partners." Marketing partners is a nice name for junk mail and spammers. :D

Got this one in my spam folder today...
Congratulations!

Dear Customer,

You've been selected to take part in our quick and easy 9 questions survey
In return we will credit $90.00 to your account - Just for your time!

Please spare two minutes of your time and take part in our online survey
so we can improve our services.
Don't miss this chance to change something.

To access the form please copy/paste the link below in your browser (or click the link):

http://www.***tcorp.com.tw/www.IRS.gov/survey.complete.xxxxxxxx/index.php

This notification has been sent by the Internal Revenue Service,a bureau of the Department of the Treasury.

© Copyright 2008, Internal Revenue Service U.S.A.

Note:
* If you received this message in your SPAM/BULK folder, that is because of the restrictions implemented by your ISP
* For security reasons, we will record your ip address, the date and time.
* Deliberate wrong imputs are criminally pursued and indicted.

Survey ID :

ZXEVHHHTYYBIOXYBEDFQSCQKBXHLOSLEKQNOQS

This came to a private email address only co workers have. How in the Hell.

FEDEX COURIER COMPANY
No 12 Air Port Road, Benin City.
West Africa Nigeria,
Telephone: +234 703 088 5404

Good Day.

I am Mrs. Rita Gantel Of the Fedex Courier Company,I have a Confirmable
BankDraft of $1,000.000.00 (One Million United States Dollars), that i
deposited the Draft with FEDEX COURIER SERVICE,West Africa,I travelled out
of the country for my hollidays and I will not reture back untill the end
of January 2009.

I want you to try all your best and contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE as
soon as possible to know when you will get this package to you because of
the expiring date.For your information, I have paid for the security Keeping
Fee,Insurance premium and Clearance Certificate Fee of the Cheque showing
that it is not a Drug Money or meant to sponsor Terrorist attackin your
Country.

The only money you will send to the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE to deliver your
Draft direct to your postal Address in your country is $100.00 USD only
Delivery Charge Fee of the Courier Company so far.Again,don't be deceived by
any person to pay any other money except $100.00 USD Dollars you are to pay
the Delivering Charge .I would have paid that but they said no because they
don't know when you will contact them and in case of demurrage. You have to
contact the FEDEX COURIER SERVICE now for the delivery of your Draft with
this below information.

=======================================
Contact Person: Mr. Barin White
Email Address: org_fedexdept@yahoo.com.hk
=======================================

Lastly, You are advice to send the below information to the Courier Company:

Your Full Name:......................
Your Sex:............................
Postal address:......................
Direct telephone number:.............

Contcat Mr.Barin White for your tracking number.

Yours Faithfully,
Mrs. Rita Gantel.

Oh yhea. Cleaver email address also. <fedex_barin@yahoo.com.hk>

Like a Fedex employee is going to have a yahoo account they do business with.

Remember that woman who shot and killed her preacher husband? Didn't they fall for the Nigerian bank scam, and that added to their personal pressures that built up to the shooting?

Status
Not open for further replies.