How do users like the 722?

I love my 722. It is the most influential reason I chose Dish. SD looks just fine on my 46" Samsung LCD. Much better than when I had TWC. I just wish HDMI worked with my set. It (the TV) is a bit finicky, but it works fine with PS3 and AppleTV, so I put at least part of the blame on Dish.

I would like to replace my 625 with another 722, but I would have to buy an HDTV for the bedroom, and we just don't watch enough TV in there to justify the investment.

Ted

Two things, I had my 622 hooked up via s-video for the HD channels before I got a HDTV. No problem it displayed them fine. If you want the HD channels where the 625 is I'd go for it.

my 622 (knock wood i doesn't hear me) has been fine, good interface & features especially using it with a EHD. Easily the best Dishnetwork DVR. I still use a 721 and a 7100 (upgraded drive) and had 501s. The 721 dual tuner and decent storage and decent interface but slow. 7100 Nice interface and slow.

I've been tempted to get a 722 to replace the 622 using the EHD to move things over, Then replace the 721 with a 622 on a 27" SDTV. That'd give that set access to the HD channels and a better picture on the channels that have SD & HD feeds.

I've got both a 622 and a 722 and after suffering with a 921 for a couple of years, love 'em both. However, I've got 3 HD TV's and IMHO SD quality on them varies between awful to ok--especially on Dish SD locals.

Ed

Thanks for the replies. I'd have to say that Old Corps is telling me what I wanted to know. Once my locals are HD ( I can't get reception via antenna where I'm at) and more of the newer Hd channels are added there won't be an issue with SD quality because I'd rarely, if ever, watch any of the SD channels. Right now, there is still a lot of my stuff on SD and I just don't know if I can stand fair reception-especially after getting really good reception with my 625.

I'm still on the fence at this point. How soon Dish adds the rest of the channels will help me decide when to jump back into the HD pool.

I had a 622 and now I have a 722. Had HDMI problems with the 622 but no problems with the 722, it's a great receiver. I don't think you can go wrong with the 722.

I just upgraded at the end of last week and love my 722. I use it in single user mode and get the local HD's OTA, and it does everything I hoped for and more. I can't believe I can finally record a show while watching something else, let alone record 2 sat channels and 1 OTA, AND watch a recorded show all at the same time. I have so many timers going at once now, the red record light never shuts off. It's awesome.

As far as HDMI goes, I've come to the conclusion that the RGB component feed is even sharper than the HDMI feed for my particular setup. I have a slightly older 46" Sony rear-projection HD TV with a DVI input that does 1080i. I have an HDMI to DVI cable so maybe that is the difference. Go figure. The menus and the PQ is 2 or 3% better with component rather than HDMI (IMHO on my TV). Not a big difference but the side by side is ever so slightly noticeable. Anyway, I guess I won't have to worry about HDMI failure for now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)