GEOSATpro How do you enter a manual PID in the Micro

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Pixl said:
You need a receiver with the more advanced ALi 3602 chip set such as the Manhattan to scan in hidden pids.

The chipset choice between the 3601, 3602 or the 3606 has nothing to do with scanning in hidden PIDs.

The older 3602 chipset actually less features of interest to our development for FTA and especially hobbyists than the newer 3601 chipset Not sure where you heard this incorrect information. Don't assume that the number sequence indicates a superior chipset or order of development.

We started ALI HD development with a 3602 chipset, but quickly realized that the 3601 chipset had potential to add features not supported by the 3602 and will have a longer projected lifecycle.

PM an example and we will test and correct.

any followup to finding a way to add PIDs within the receiver instead of having to use the channel editor everytime?

It's starting to get really annoying with all these new signals I have been finding lately
(mostly below 1250 SR) to have to use the microhd channel editor since the microHD pid scanning is not patient enough to find and write the PID and channel ID info to memory.

The system info datastream is existing and good on all these signals per TSREADER but the microhd still says "no program found" when doing a normal scan or a PID manual entry on the OSD. I'd like to see an option after manually adding a TP in the TP list to do a "normal" scan, a "PID" scan to enter values manually, or a "patient" scan so that the microHD doesn't time out on its scan when it takes the very low SR signal about 2-3 secs to lock. In "patient" mode, I envision the microhd waiting 2-3 secs for lock then doing its PID scan function before writing its findings to memory or reporting "no program found".

HAVE you PMd to Brian??????? If so he will answer you.

nope. I just assumed he's following the threads here - there certainly aren't as many as there used to be when the receiver first came out.

I probably will PM in a few days unless there is a response here.

Other than the two 99w C-band h.264 Puerto Rico feeds, what other channels are not logging?

Please provide the service information on specific channels or services so we can review.

i discovered that when i delete all channels to rescan the satellites, it blows away my schedule... missed thinking about that and went to view my recordings last weekend and they didn't record... my fault. charlie

Other than the two 99w C-band h.264 Puerto Rico feeds, what other channels are not logging?

I previously PM'ed you one on Galaxy 16 Ku-band that is a good example. Based on discussion I think we had about what the receiver does in that moment between adding TP and doing the "NORMAL" scan, I think if you added a "PATIENCE" type scan mode to allow 3-4 secs for signal lock before starting the search of the SI for audio/video pids, a signal such as the Galaxy 16 Ku-band one might be able to have its audio/video services written to memory properly without having to do it with a channel editor and the multiple steps involved to using a USB drive to transfer it from microhd to PC and back.

EDIT: how awesome would it be to hook up microhd to PC and edit channels and do settings through a web interface like the commercial boys! ;)

Your PM regarding the G16 satellite was for the 4 audio services on a single TP. The 8-29 firmware fixed the issue with manually adding audio services and we verified logging these services.

Are you still not able to add these audio services?

If you have any additional channels that cannot be scanned, please let us know.

Here is a dumb question.....any way to add a channel manually when the TP isnt live?

There is a football game tomorrow I want to record. I have the coordinates and they always use 308/256/8190 for PIDS....but the TP isnt live (and wont be until tomorrow) and I wont be home to scan it in

Or do I have to use the editor?

Your PM regarding the G16 satellite was for the 4 audio services on a single TP. The 8-29 firmware fixed the issue with manually adding audio services and we verified logging these services.

Are you still not able to add these audio services?

If you have any additional channels that cannot be scanned, please let us know.

nope. I've been on 8/29 firmware since 8/29 or 8/30 (whenever the announcement came through on this site) and I still can't get the G16 Ku signal to scan without me having to manually define the channels with a channel editor.

I have a 1.2m dish, invacom and I get a Level 90 Quality 71 on the signal so it's not because it's weak. I create the TP in the TP list, hover over it until I get lock, then select NORMAL scan to begin the scan. It's my understanding from you in a prior post that when doing the scan such as NORMAL, the microHD drops any lock you have from the TP screen switching from TP screen functions to NORMAL/PID screen scan functions, reacquires lock and then does the PID scan and that is where I feel the problem lies.

With a 1-2 sec signal lock acquisition time, the microhd is too impatient to wait for lock before it scans for PIDS and finds nothing because it had no immediate lock when it started the scan. That's why I strongly request a PATIENT scan setting to wait a few secs for lock before starting the scan. It also just occurred to me a moment ago that the NORMAL setting scan might be changeable to wait 2 secs for lock acquisition before starting the system information datastream scan for PID info.

If the G16 Ku one can be fixed in my setup, the other ones I have should work as well - they are all not immediate locks but take 1-2 secs for lock acquisition presumably because of their very low SR like the G16 Ku one.

Thanks for the clarification.

The manual scan works on our test bench for this mux, but it might be because of many variables of our system such as LO frequency, LNB stability, noise, etc.

Would you share other TPs that you experience this problem? Maybe we could duplicate in our testing.

We will do additional routine modification and see what can be done to improve the manual scan.

skysurfer said:
PM sent with another example, Brian.

Haven't received the PM. BTW... Your PM is over limit and I cannot send you a message.

Been several months since I had checked the 99w TP. I do not detect anything on this transponder with a 7301 running TSReader.

Please confirm that the TP is active.Thanks!

Last edited:
Haven't received the PM. BTW... Your PM is over limit and I cannot send you a message.

Been several months since I had checked the 99w TP. I do not detect anything on this transponder with a 7301 running TSReader.

space been cleaned up (I think) for PM's.

signal should be there. You said the other day you had no issues with that signal on the 8/29 firmware and before I replied back, I checked it again just to make sure I had 8/29 firmware in the microHD and the issue still existed. The signal locked (level 90, quality 71) but no services written to memory.

PM sent with another example, Brian.

For some reason we are currently unable to lock on to the 99w transponder that you had PM'd about several months ago with TSreader and 7301 PCI card to make a TS file recording of the mux. I do confirm that the 99w TP that you provided does lock on the microHD but does not log the 4 audio services.

You indicated that you were going to send another example?

Or

Could you record the 99w as a TSReader TS file and PM or email?

Last edited:
For some reason we are currently unable to lock on to the 99w transponder that you had PM'd about several months ago with TSreader and 7301 PCI card to make a TS file recording of the mux. I do confirm that the 99w TP that you provided does lock on the microHD but does not log the 4 audio services.

You indicated that you were going to send another example?

Or

Could you record the 99w as a TSReader TS file and PM or email?

check your PM for the second example or PM me and let me know you didn't find that PM with the second example.

Did you still want a TSREADER TS file sample of the 99W one???

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts