How do you feel about directv's current HR series?

How do you feel about directv's current HR series?

• I feel that the HR series of dvr's are excellent!

Votes: 24 17.3%
  • I like the HR series and am confident the CE program will resolve all issues with it

Votes: 54 38.8%
  • I feel it's time Directv moves on to a totally new DVR away from the current HR series.

Votes: 43 30.9%
  • Tivo is the only solution to a better Directv dvr.

Votes: 18 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Rock solid, reasonably fast, no missed recordings, ect.

Speed it up and give me more recording space, I wont complain.

Dont, and I am still pleased with it.

I have to 100% agree with you on this one.

Now on the other hand my tech geek self always wants something that is better and has more features.

I have to 100% agree with you on this one.

Now on the other hand my tech geek self always wants something that is better and has more features.
Oh of course.

It still does not make me any less pleased with this one:)

The only way to make a TiVO better is to replace it with something that is not a TiVO. :p

There is nothing better than a Tivo. I love mine, I just wish it was HD. When the HD DTIVO comes out, I'll have to get one, unless it cost and arm and a leg.

Bring Back Tivo!
Bring Back Tivo!
Bring Back Tivo!
Bring Back Tivo!

There is nothing better than a Tivo. I love mine, I just wish it was HD. When the HD DTIVO comes out, I'll have to get one, unless it cost and arm and a leg.
Everything is better than a TiVO. The worst interface. Every single action involves multiple steps and multiple folders. Every TiVO I have ever owned, including the one I still own, freezes up, misses recordings, and requires constant resets. It is also not near as interactive.

Everything is better than a TiVO. The worst interface. Every single action involves multiple steps and multiple folders. Every TiVO I have ever owned, including the one I still own, freezes up, misses recordings, and requires constant resets. It is also not near as interactive.
Bah, what do you know.

You are just a Directv fanboy:D

Been using an HR20-100 for years now, always recorded what I wanted when I wanted. Now at 2TB it rox.

I really don't understand the Tivo love. The GUI and features hasn't changed in 8 years. It would be like Windows still using the 3.1 interface and charging $12 a month more for it. :confused:
The HR series is slow but more feature packed. If the D* Tivo comes out just as slow as the current HR's, what do you gain?
If it weren't for Tivo's lawsuits they would be out of business, that should tell you how innovative and great their product is. Just my opinion, of course.

I've never had a problem with my DTIVO.

I've never had a problem with my DTIVO.
I have had problems with all three of mine over the years. Even without issues, it is the worst interface ever invented for a DVR (and it was the first one I ever used). There are no simple tasks. Everything requires mutliple tasks. Even something as simple as turning the thing off and on requires several buttons and several scrolls through a menu. Flipping back and forth between a recorded show and a live show also requires two buttons and a couple of folders (on the HR you just press the PREV button). These are only a couple examples. I can create a list of everything that is more complicated, but I would take up this entire page and most of my day.

I seriously do not see why people are in love with the TiVO. There is almost nothing it can do that the HR cannot, and the HR can do a lot more and is much easier to use (again, I have been using the TiVO longer).

I have had problems with all three of mine over the years. Even without issues, it is the worst interface ever invented for a DVR (and it was the first one I ever used). There are no simple tasks. Everything requires mutliple tasks. Even something as simple as turning the thing off and on requires several buttons and several scrolls through a menu. Flipping back and forth between a recorded show and a live show also requires two buttons and a couple of folders (on the HR you just press the PREV button). These are only a couple examples. I can create a list of everything that is more complicated, but I would take up this entire page and most of my day.

I seriously do not see why people are in love with the TiVO. There is almost nothing it can do that the HR cannot, and the HR can do a lot more and is much easier to use (again, I have been using the TiVO longer).

I never turn off my DVR's.

I never turn off my DVR's.
I do. The TiVO is in our bedroom and the green light is annoying. Plus, if I leave it on too long, I can almost guarantee I will need to reset it. (One nice thing is that resetting is much quicker than on the HR :D)

I do. The TiVO is in our bedroom and the green light is annoying. Plus, if I leave it on too long, I can almost guarantee I will need to reset it. (One nice thing is that resetting is much quicker than on the HR :D)

I never turn off my DTIVO.

BTW...if you want to go from a recorded show to watching live TV, hit the live TV button.

I never turn off my DTIVO.

BTW...if you want to go from a recorded show to watching live TV, hit the live TV button.
I know that. But then you have to hit a different button and then go through folders and select the show you were just watching to go back to the recorded show. Two buttons and several folders.

On the HR it is the same button hit once each time to go back and forth between the two shows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)