How do you know what you know?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The fun part of any hobby is learning and practicing what we've learned. Some of us are hams and have a background in that hobby which certainly overlaps here. Most of us just like to tinker with electronics and RF, and the benefit is being able to watch TV from a different perspective than Joe Public.

The old saying goes "you learn something new everyday" that is true with me I like to learn new stuff the reason is you might need that information later on. My family doesn't call India for tech support they call Indiana for me I mess with just about anything electronic. Fixing things that are electronic setting up satellite dishes, tv antennas, tv's, home theater equipment, dvd players, vcr's, just about anything. Its relaxing no one to bother you or tell you what to do its nice.

Dan Rose

As I read thru every single post, I liked all the replies. I'm using Sea Monkey, and when I click on the 'like' button nothing happens. As a matter of fact I've never gotten the 'like' button to work with this browser I don't think. And there's been countless posts where I wanted to click on the 'like' button but nothing happened. I don't have scripting turned on, maybe that's why? But the truth is, I just don't like engaging scripting period. In the past when I have done that on other sites, I encountered all kinds of problems. My computer slowing down, 100% of my cpu being utilized, etc. This has even happened on Ebay.

It looks to me that the majority on here so far are self taught like I. I would have thought that most of you had some background into some technical trade related to this hobby. I noticed that a cpl of folks do, but most don't seem to have. Really interesting, the fact some of the things some of you come up with, which like I indicated earlier, is a bit over my head at times.

I have a friend that was an installer. I called him when ever I had a problem until one time he told me to solve it myself. I ask what if I screw something up, he said "then call me and I will unscrew it." He gave me the confidence to start expermenting with adjustments and mechcanical things like that. As for the electronic stuff, that's out of my league. After I went FTA I discovered this site and the people here got me on the right track. Sadly to say with all of the new electronic stuff and the computerized recievers the hobby has past me by and it doesn't hold that much of an interest for me anymore.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts