How do you set dish elevation on a 1 meter Fortec Dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jsattv

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 4, 2006
I am a newbie to setting up satellite dishes and I have a 1 meter fortec star satellite dish. When trying to recheck my Elevation setting today I noticed that the Top Bolt on the Azimuth Bracket moved the whole dish back and forth vertically. This seemed to have no bearing on the actual Dish Inclination setting which is set to a scale and a marker by the BOTTOM Bolt.

(I was up on the roof for 2 hours today so I hope this isn't a stupid question). My question is what or where do you set the Top Bolt for? Should the dish be set by the TOP Bolt so it is parallel or straight up and down with the dish mounting pole, and then the Bottom Bolt adjusted for dish elevation?

i'm guessing here cause i dont have one. if you set it with the bottom nut you would just need to tighten the top nut . if you set it using the top nut then you would tighten the botton nut after it is set.

i think it works like the motor bracket one side is elevation and the other is latitude. just depends on which you use to set it at. and then just tighten the other side.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)