How do you Tranfser recodings to the PC

Cband55

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 14, 2008
Are there ways to transfer recodings for Dish Network or DIrectv to the PC?

you Cant do it easilyt like a FTA box right? I mean record them unencrypted to a USB stick then transfer them to a PC.

Are there ways to transfer recodings for Dish Network or DIrectv to the PC?
Use one of THESE or a DVD recorder, then rip. I find the DVD recorder to be the easiest method. Even though a DVD recorder is limited to 480i, recording SD from HD material still yields excellent commercial DVD quality results. Works great with Dish since you can playback on TV2 any time for dubbing purposes while watching something else on TV1. On DirecTV, you have to do it real time. So I did all my dubbing overnight when I had DirecTV. I do a lot less of this than I used to since many things can now be streamed on demand from many sources (hulu, netflix, etc.).

It can be done in real time going into a Black Magic Design product into a PC or PC server system. Not sure if you can use the direct HDMI input though as that might be blocked by DRM. He's a link to the company. The intensity product have to have USB 3.0 for input which most computers don't have yet. So that would be a card that would need to be added. Blackmagic Design: Products It isn't a cheap set of products though.

HDMI has no transfer to PC, AFAIK, watch DRM.
Component can be encoded by Hauppage (sp?) for PC or Elgato for Mac, unknown quality. OTA ATSC is cheaper.
Composite or RF can be encoded by more brands but limited to 480i or possibly 480p. Watch MacroVision.
It is too bad Dish will not output ATSC for HD recording on TiVo (boo) and a lot more now for remote TVs.
-Ken

Wait, you want Dish, who is not only in competition with Tivo, but has huge lawsuits between them, to make it easy to use a TIVO?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)