How do your provide power to DPP44 switch?

hraner

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 16, 2005
I'm using a DP34 switch now and it doesn't require external power(receiver's 20V is enough), but probably I'll move up to a dual-tuner setup later and I'm thinking about replace the DP34 with a DPP44 switch. With Dish Pro Plus, I should not need to run another cable from roof to TV room.

The thing is it looks like DPP44 needs external DC power(btw: Why?), so how can I do that on the roof? Or I can actually plug in the DC adapter in my TV room and use RG6 cable to carry the external power to the roof/switch? I really don't want to drill a hole through the wall just for providing power.

Thanks!

Yes. Power is fed to the switch through the power inserter. The power inserter is plugged into your RG6 cable and hooked to the DPP 44 switch on port 1. There is a connector on the other side of the power inserter that feeds your receiver.

Guys,

If you where to cascade 3 DPP44's (12 outputs) together would you need a power inserter on every switch at port 1, or only on the first of the 3 DPP44's?

Thanks,
Tasos..

So I don't need to put the power inserter on my roof, right? Only the DPP44. I can leave the power inserter close to my DISH receiver and it can still provide power over the long(~100 feet) RG6 cable?

hraner said:
So I don't need to put the power inserter on my roof, right? Only the DPP44. I can leave the power inserter close to my DISH receiver and it can still provide power over the long(~100 feet) RG6 cable?
Yes, that's true. That's another reason why you must use RG6 (with its larger center conductor) to handle a long run like that. RG59 experiences a larger voltage drop that will cause problems.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)