How does dish bill?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

stellar832000

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 3, 2005
San Antonio
I have directv and I am billed a month behind, but I have heard dish is different, is this true for everyone, do they really bill a month in advance, if thats true the first bill must be a monster! The reason I am asking is because I am switching and I don't want to get caught off guard.

stellar832000 said:
I have directv and I am billed a month behind, but I have heard dish is different, is this true for everyone, do they really bill a month in advance, if thats true the first bill must be a monster! The reason I am asking is because I am switching and I don't want to get caught off guard.

That's correct. They do bill one month in advance. So if you take, for instance, the Platinum package at signup, you're looking at a first bill well in excess of $200.

First bills for two months with a $49 credit from the installation, however if you know someone who has dishnetwork ask them to call dish to get some clubdish cards. You will get money off your programing depending on what you go with, starz free for three months, free installation, and a free upgrade to a dvr, your friend will get five free ppv certs, $5 a month for ten months off theyr bill.

Ron Tobin said:
That's correct. They do bill one month in advance. So if you take, for instance, the Platinum package at signup, you're looking at a first bill well in excess of $200.

Actually, for my Dish Network service, they bill 45 days in advance; they just don't charge my credit card until 1 month in advance. Probably / hopefully some Federal or State regulation prevents them from charging customers more than 1 month in advance. My bill is dated the 28th of the month and bills me out to the 10th of 2 months forward. For example, my bill dated Feb. 28 billed me out to April 10. They just didn't charge my CC until March 10.

And if take one of the new subscriber promotions, like 3 months free movie channels. if you wait until the 88th day or so to cancel, you'll still be charged for the month of movie channels in advance and then credited back the next month. Dish has billing in advance down to a science.

how does dish bill?
answer how ever they want, there is no ryme or reason for their billing
although make sure you check it as they like to double bill, after all its dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)