How does Dish Network Internet work for Apple's

snowwhite9

Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
I have an Apple OSX and can't get high speed internet in the rinky dink town I live in.
Dial up is horrid. I heard I can get DSL through my Dish Network. It seems no one
knows anything about Apple's. Can anyone advise me?:confused:

I have an Apple OSX and can't get high speed internet in the rinky dink town I live in.
Dial up is horrid. I heard I can get DSL through my Dish Network. It seems no one

Not really ( its Marketing BS) if you can't get DSL where you live , the DIshnetwork option is the same (its not DSL thru ur sat dish its regualr DSL Market thru them)

You could check with WildBlue - Official Website - Satellite Speed Internet a satellite broadband service that I think DishNetwork is pushing. I don't know anything about apple computers but if they are the same as Macintosh, don't know what Macintosh computers are either, Wild Blue says it supports Macintosh but there are some system requirements. But if you have any questions about wild blue (they are pretty expensive and have a $50 dollar off the equipment price now making it $249. and also have free installation deal right now) you might check out their website which also has contact info for them. There may be some kind of deal if you sign up for wild blue through dishnetwork or if you tell wild blue you also have dishnet. I don't know if you own or lease the equipment from Wild Blue but they only have a 90 day warranty on labor and a one year limited warranty on the equipment.

It does say they don't support Voip phone service and also it is not good for gaming.

Wild Blue's website says they have a minimum $49/month charge for their slowest speeds.

I love how Wildblue's now calling itself "Satellite Speed Internet" instead of "High Speed Internet" - I guess that title is reserved for Cable & DSL now. But then, what is FIOS?

Sorry, I have to laugh.

As for Dish High-Speed Internet (which is Wildblue in a thin wrapper) it's a little cheaper, $199 to lease with an 18 month contract. and $39.95/month for the first ten months for the base package if you already have Dish TV service- not bad - $49.95 afterwards.

They support Mac OS X 10.2 or above. BUt since it's just connecting via an ethernet cable to your computer and uses DHCP like nearly every other broadband connection out there, there's not a whole lot that needs to be done to "support" a particular type of computer.

Also check into wireless. I live in a town of less then 3000 and we are served by a wireless provider from two towns over. Only 39.95 and I can use vonage for the receivers just fine.

wildblue internet

as an installer i have better luck with apple computers on the installs apples pic up the system right away and i love going to a customers house and seeing an apple sitting there.

The basic connection, whether it is Apple or Microsoft is the same, only the OS is different.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)