How does E* get the locals back to WY? or do they?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

miguelaqui

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 14, 2004
I read that E* and D* have to receive the locals via OTA, microwave, etc... broadcast them to their uplink center, then send them from the uplink center to whichever sat they happen to be on.

Is this true? If so, which sat. do they use to send them back to the uplink center? Sat 105?

I was just wondering if that is a possibility of why I cannot get an answer from E* as to why they cannot put the international channels, which are on 121, but not 61.5, on 105.

I always wondered how they got the locals back. I assume they just rent spaces from local TV stations, or something similar, to send the signal to the uplink center.

Thanks to anyone who knows!

Each Market has a pop (forget what it stands for)

Most stations send their signal to that pop via fiber optics.

Those that do not dish uses an OTA antenna to receive the station.

All the stations leave the pop via fiber and head to the uplink center for the satellite the locals are on.

So, there is a huge fiber network all acroos the US for E* to send the loclas to the uplink center?

No, Both DirecTV and DISH (at least in this market) have receive antennas at the POP. They SEND the received locals to a upload spot, but only have a direct feed (locally and in MOST markets, Direct's LIL Manager told me), from the station they use for the POP. I am the local contact for our 2 tv stations for both Direct and Dish and we were the first market to us the DTV SDV signal to feed Direct to correct ghost problems. DirecTV also called us to set up the POP for HD Locals, but like the analog LIL survey, I image they contacted every station.

If a station pays for the fiber feed to D* or E*, they (D or E) will gladly take it, but it is at the broadcaster's nickel.

So they receive the locals at the POP, then they are sent somewhere to be uploaded. So, are they uploaded directly to the satellite or do they have to go to Wyoming?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts