How does the DPP44 do what it does?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Paradox-SJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 20, 2003
San Jose, California
The DPP 44 allows one to connect one line to a dual tuner stb with a dpp separator.

The magic is a combination of the DPP44 and the separator but what exactly is that magic? As a separator wont work with a DP34.

Last edited:
That P is for Plus. Basically it allows selective band-stacking of the stacked signal from a DishPro LNB. A DP switch can send only one of the connected satellites at a time to the receiver. A DPP switch can take whichever portion of the stacked signal the receiver needs from any satellite and translate it to the low band for tuner 1 and to the high band for tuner 2. The needed signals can be the odd or even transponders from different satellites or even the same one.

I think this is also how it can be connected to legacy receivers without the adapter. If it doesn't detect DishPro communication with the receiver it must assume it's legacy. Any transponder needed by that receiver is either left in the regular DBS band or translated down from the DP high band.

More DishPro info at http://ekb.dbstalk.com/217

You don't need an adapter for legacy STBs with the DPP44? I have never a dealt with Dishpro installation so I really havent paid attention.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts