How does the "season pass" work on the 622?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

walendvay

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 29, 2006
Sorry if I am asking a silly question, however, I wasn't able to find the answer searching.

I am contemplating moving from D* to E* and I'd like to understand how E*'s version of TIVO's season pass works.

With the HR10-250, I can search for a pgm by name and select to record all episodes. It doesn't care if the day and time changes, it will find all new episodes and record them.

Will the 622 do the same thing? I read somewhere that the NBR was more like time based recording, however, you set it up based on the name and it can only timeshift by a few hours.

Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks! :)

I am no expert, and I am not a fan of the 622 DVR, but I put in any show name, and it records all of them, no matter what time it is played, as long as the tv guide listings are accurate.

It works as Sassan just said, only one thing that I am still could not understand, when I select "New Epsoide only" on 622, it still recorded multiple times of same epsoide.......

hzhao said:
It works as Sassan just said, only one thing that I am still could not understand, when I select "New Epsoide only" on 622, it still recorded multiple times of same epsoide.......

Interesting. With a dish pass, it does this.

But if you set up a std show, by name, new only. The daily schedule shows the extra 'new' episodes already recorded or scheduled to be recorded are skipped. So only one does get recorded. If I force the one that does record to be skipped, the next one gets marked to be recorded.

Almost like a tivo, but I think tivo has engineered and thought thru all the permutations better than the 622/dish nbr programmers did.

I also read some older docs on how 'new' is determined on a 622. It says if the year matches the current real year, it is considered new. That must be old. I fine more holes in that method that a piece of swiss cheese!!

My experience with this after switching from the DirecTivo to the 622 is that the Tivo was much smarter in regards to this type of thing. I also found the Tivo guide more detailed and accurate. It's not something that makes me regret switching in the bigger picture but Tivo is superior in my opinion.

philhu said:
I also read some older docs on how 'new' is determined on a 622. It says if the year matches the current real year, it is considered new. That must be old. I fine more holes in that method that a piece of swiss cheese!!
This is not correct with the 622 and the 942 at least.

In fact, the INFO screen on the 942 now shows both the Episode Number and Original Date Aired.

Last edited:
SaltiDawg said:
This is not correct with the 622 and the 942 at least.

In fact, the INFO sctree no the 942 now shows both the Episode Number and Original Date Aired.

True. But interesting, I did find this current year thing in the 622 docs!!!!!

I know it is wrong. But thought it amusing.

bayzbol44 said:
I have noticed that none of the "info" on the shows includes if the episode is a "repeat" or not. I remember on D* Tivo it did show this.
A recent update to the 942 causes the Episode # and also the Date Originally Aired to show on the Info Screen. Nice feature, hopefully they will add this to the 622.

SaltiDawg said:
A recent update to the 942 causes the Episode # and also the Date Originally Aired to show on the Info Screen. Nice feature, hopefully they will add this to the 622.
I really hope they add this. I have used Tivo and DirecTivo for years, and never understood why that isn't a viewable feature. My Media Center PC shows it...very informative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)