How far can you reach???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
drive to syracuse and I will supply a cm4228 and ap8700 preamp. $60 for both. in stock.

keep your current antenna for vhf add and combine the uhf.

id rather see you use the 91xg though. more directional and you would not need to deal with multipath issues.

if the cm4228 does not work drive back and I will give your money back.

that way you will know and will rest your mind.

Drive!!! Holy schnikeys Batman, my wife would kill me if I drove to Syracuse for an antenna!

I'll probably just bite the bullet and order a 91XG. Thanks for the offer though. If I ever make it to Syracuse lets have a beer or 12!!!

My turn
RS-190 UHF/VHF on the single-story chimney. I'm getting L.A. UHF HD channels off Mt Wilson from 63 miles away. I'm using a CM7777 amp (if I remember right).
I'm now considering a 91XG with a rotor since the CBS station pixelates.

Hey Rick0725 - how did you stack it? Looks like a 10 foot mast with 2 feet in between antennas. Plus guy-wires.

I don't think has them stacked. I think he has a Winegard for the VHF, and a 91xg for the UHF.

You could easily tie in the 91xg to your setup. Use the VU-190 for the vhf side, and the 91xg for the uhf side. You've got the right pre-amp for it.

Last edited:
Hmmm - good idea. But I'll have to get roof space OK'd by the Exterior Design Comittee Chairwoman...hahahaha... Seriously, the chimney has the highest elevation point. So I would have to either add another mast to the chimney that is taller than the RS, or mount it to another location.

Hmmm - good idea. But I'll have to get roof space OK'd by the Exterior Design Comittee Chairwoman...hahahaha... Seriously, the chimney has the highest elevation point. So I would have to either add another mast to the chimney that is taller than the RS, or mount it to another location.

Man, I know exactly what you mean about the Exterior Design Chairwoman. I have one myself! Go the easy route...add another mast! Separate them by 2-3ft.

My turn
RS-190 UHF/VHF on the single-story chimney. I'm getting L.A. UHF HD channels off Mt Wilson from 63 miles away. I'm using a CM7777 amp (if I remember right).
I'm now considering a 91XG with a rotor since the CBS station pixelates.

Hey Rick0725 - how did you stack it? Looks like a 10 foot mast with 2 feet in between antennas. Plus guy-wires.
-the main mast is attached to the side of the home
- trimmed a 10' heavy duty mast to about 7.5 ft.
-do not use guy wires...used 1.25" emt conduit cut and shaped to fit. one end clamped just below the rotor and the other end bolted to the roof. the emt setup is very sturdy and something to lean against while working. stong enough to support a step ladder without budging.
-the antennas are spaced 3.5' apart
-the vhf is on top temporarily...will reverse the antennas in the spring. the uhf should be mounted on top. have been experimenting with different uhf antennas for easy access.

I only amplify uhf
-run separate coax from each antenna inside the home
-amplify the uhf antenna only
-do not amplify vhf
-use a winegard ca-8800 separator to separate off the fm from the vhf antenna to the audio receiver
-combine the vhf and uhf signal with a cm0549 and the common output of the cm0549 is spilt around the home.

http://www.summitsource.com/winegar...r-combiner-ac-passive-part-ca8800-p-5703.html

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)