How far have we stretched? Post your results/location!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

CharredPC

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Apr 21, 2005
Lakebay, WA
I thought it would be fun to do a thread sharing what "non-USA" birds we've managed to snag; basically anything not on this page:
http://www.lyngsat.com/america.html

I myself am in Orem, Utah and can pull in PAS9 at 58W. While I haven't found much on it, I find it neat becuase I'm pretty much in the Western USA. Guess the 3000+ foot elevation helps :D Once I get my Invacom .3 I'm sure I'll lock in Amazonas as well- I get signal, but no quality now on my .6. Being in the Western USA, I assumed I'd snag a bird or two from the Asia & South Pacific sat's, but I haven't had any luck yet. Guess none of the beams are pointed my way (though that doesn't always stop us).

I'll be really interested to hear others' results!

I've picked up channels on Hispasat, Intelsat 903, and PAS 9. I don't think there's anything on the USA transponder of 903 anymore, but there used to be some Romanian channels. I think I'm getting Amazonas too, but without any quality I'm uncertain. Just bought a Primestar dish, and am thinking about an Invacom so it's probably only a matter of time.

Hispasat 1C & 1D in MN (30 W)

Can see from 30-157W :)

Using a 30" and .4 LNB for now....upgrading to 36" and .3 soon (pending rain)

I too can only get down to PAS9. I ran an elevation calculator that says I should be able to get as far east as 34.5 or so (can't remember) but that's assuming single digit elevation numbers. My dish is at dang near at ground level and is shooting over two story houses from True South --> East - lol.

Iceberg, can you USALS that arc or do you have to DiSEqC / manaully point when getting WAY east? My motor just laughs at me (ok, it does nothing) if I try to USALS past 55.5W.

Shawn95GT said:
Iceberg, can you USALS that arc or do you have to DiSEqC / manaully point when getting WAY east? My motor just laughs at me (ok, it does nothing) if I try to USALS past 55.5W.

I use to be able to get to 30 using USALS, but then I goofed and hit "east limit" before that, so USALS won't go that far.

I can 1.2 no problems...well, minor problem :)
The brace on the back of the mast the dish brushes against it. I get decent signal but one click east bunmps into the brace, which moves the dish back to true south. If I remove that brace, I can get there not problems :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts