How find a specific channel?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

gittist

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 30, 2014
Pennsylvania
I know how to blind scan and then sort through the channels one at a time looking for specific channel but is there a better way to do it?

For example, I can see that RETRO is (or at least was) on both 87 and 97 West. See attached. Can I use this info to go right to the channel? Does it depend on what box I have?

I'm running a Manhatten RS-1933 STB and a motorized dish (STAB).

Thanks.

Attachments

• FTA.pdf
    108.9 KB · Views: 141
Someone who has the RS-1933 could help you better to find the channels. However, that contains the information required to find the transponder and receive the channel. I am assuming that they are still active...
On SES-2 @ 87W on C-Band, the transponder is 4000 H 29125. If you have that Frequency, Polarity and Symbol Rate in your transponder list, then the channel should scan in for you, with the video ID of 4113 and the audio ID of 4352.
Likewise, on 97W, G19, Ku Band, the transponder is 12115 V 22425.
If these are not in your list, then you will need to add them to get the channel. If you need the manual for RS-1933, it is available online, just google for it.

I have a RS-1933, but it's not in front of me... Off the top of my head: Select 97W- Ku satellite as you'd normally watch it, go into the Menu (menu button) and then Satellite menu (sat dish icon), then there should be a transponder list where you can enter the specifications for a single transponder and then scan for just that transponder.

Reactions: KE4EST
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)