• Poll closed .

Tom Bombadil

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 5, 2005
Chicago-Milwaukee Region
How Satisfied are you with your 622?

With all of the reports about problems with 622s, I was interested in learning if problems were widespread, or those of a few who are aggressively reporting them.

I thought a poll might help illustrate the magnitude of the problems, be it small or large.

Last edited:
I am likewise interested in folks opinions of the new 622, especially in comparison to the 942, which I've had for a year and really have enjoyed.

How does it stack up? Better or worse than the 942, if so, how much? Is it merely a cosmetic redress of the 942 w/ MPEG-4 and a couple of software tweaks--or is it really a new beast?

I'd also like to hear how what people think of the 211 (and how it compares to the venerable 811 settops)?

622 performs better in some areas compared to the 942, but it needs a lot of programming upgrades to compare to the 942. I'm keeping my 942 around until it catches up.

211 vs 811 - 211 a great improvement.

I would have voted Satisfied, but after six weeks of the electronic buzzing when dealing with OTA channels is getting very old; less than Satisfied. The six-twenty-two has promise, but it''s falling short of the nine-forty-two so far.

Overall both the 622 and 411 have been pretty solid. The 622 went black once (had this on the 942 also a couple times), but I rebooted and no problems since. It did have difficulty with the initial software download, also. It took 3 hours and several reboots. No buzzing or any other issues.

The only problem with the 411 is the occasional initial HDMI handshake upon turning on the set and receiver. Unplug the cable and plug it back in and it works fine.

Scott

I have had my 622 since Thursday and it has had 0 (zero) problems. It is perfect. I like it better than the 942 that I replaced (and my 942 had no problems).

My 622 is performing well so far. The 942 was excellent. Only problem was several times recorded programs began to pixilate and froze. I rebooted and it was ok.Thas happened about 4 times in 6 months. Haven't had the 622 that long yet.

Video stutter every day by primetime on my main tv if I don't do a power cord reboot by 7:00pm. I HAVE noticed that the audio drop outs on dolby digtial sound has lessened and I have had no black screens of death since I turned off the no activity stand by mode.

So a power cord reboot daily by night time seems to keep the annoying bugs down to a minimum. Shouldn't have to do this when I pay $700.00 for a receiver, but then again I had to do it when I paid $1000.00 for the P.O.S. 921 receiver. The video stuttering needs to be fixed . This is a major bug to me.

Installed 4/10/06 so far so good. No problems to note. I never realized the difference between sd and hd until now. Now if dish puts the resolution back to 1080 it will be great.:)

Installed 4/12. Very happy. Response is much quicker than my old 921. Nice to be able to view HD and SD at the same time on 2 TV's. Have to get used to "Dish Pass." When I select a program to record, it defaults to recording every version of it so I've had to re-learn a few things. But so far (knock on wood!) I really like the 622.

Here's a tip: Don't use the dish pass option for regular timers. Only make timers from the guide because dish pass will record the program everywhere in the satellite system the show is on as many times as it comes on.

My 622 was installed on March 29th. The first week was rough with having to do four power button reboots, but no reboots until last Friday night due to a major rainstorm hitting Southern California.

The features that I like about the 622 are:
  • The ability to record three programs at once. We use this every Wednesday while we watch American Idol on the TV's tuner: and record Lost using the OTA tuner, Criminal Minds, and a third program on NBC.
  • The coax output to the other TV's in the house is very impressive. It is so good that it even makes my 26in Maxent LCD tv in the master bedroom look good. The built in OTA tuner on the Maxent has a really marginal picture.
The only complaint is that the Dish 1000 - even with a dedicated d500 for 129 - seems to be really sensitive to rain fade. My old d500 was affected once in five years with a sizeable thunderstorm, but we have seen rain fade twice in less than a month with the new setup and the rainstorms were not really major.

Overall, I am very happy with the 622 - much better than the 921 that it replaced.

The 622 had only one bug, and it was probably not in the receiver itself. Local Fox HD from New York had audio dropouts that rendered watching the channel impossible. I called Dish and lucked out. Got a knowledgeable tech who actually listened to me and recorded data from my receiver, then he said give him 24 hours and he would get "a satellite technician" on it. And lo, within 24 hours the problem stopped completely, no more audio dropouts, nor off-sync sound. That was a month ago. Needless to say, I'm a happy camper. :)

Count me as satisfied so far after just over 24 hours. Everything seems faster and better then the 921. No problems receiving the 129 bird. I hope it continues on course!

Upgraded 942 and 811 yesterday for 622 and 211.
Very satisfied with both receivers. It looks like PQ on 622 is even better then with 942. 211 is a big improvement comparing to 811.
With 622 no problems : very fast OTA scanning, connect it with Hitachi 61" RP HDTV (component) and Panasonic 500 projector in the basement (25' HDMI to DVI cable, 40' optical audio cable after optical splitter). PQ and audio are perfectly synhced. Maybe will use 211 more now, because it looks like 622 only without DVR. Finally user friendly interface comparing to that ugly one for 811.:)

Last edited:
Installed 2/21. Had video stutter once, but skipped back and no more trouble. I rarely watch anything live anyway. I've had no other problems and love the 622. I upgraded from a 721 with which I had almost no problems, so I'm very happy.

I really wanted a 921 when they were introduced, but no one in my area had any. Read several forums and decided it was too problematic for me. Wanted a 942 when they were introduced, but no lease deal was available, and I didn't want to buy one only to have to upgrade to an MPEG4 receiver when they came out.

So far I'm very happy with my decision to wait for the 622 to finally see HD on the HD-ready TV I bought 2 years ago. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts