How high will gas go? Jim Cramer says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just overheard an interview with Jim Cramer on MSNBC where he said, "five years from now, we'll look back and say, "Remember when gas was $3.00 gallon", and the possibility is that within five to ten years, the price of a gallon of gas will range from $10.00 - $15.00 gallon".

I'm a fan of Cramer and all, but I can't ever see $10 / gallon or more. What do you guys think? In any event, I think we will see $4 / gallon sometime next Spring (if not sooner). Is this the straw that will break the camels back and bring in the nuclear energy phase?

How high do you guys think gas will go?

Cade

The only silver lining I see here, is that the price goes so high that we see real alternatives to gasoline. Not stopgap scams like "hybrids". REAL alternative energy. Fully electric cars with rapid charging systems. Hydrogen fuel cells, maybe even compressed air. (Yes, as crazy as that sounds, it's being done.)

i hate to say it bur we were saying this a $2.00 a gallons....

again....this is like a from sitting in a pot of water as it heats up slowly.....WE will let it boil and kill us....i.e. $3.00, 3.25 3.55 3.75 and so on....unilt we are at 4.00 them 5.00

I say rasie the tax on gas by 10x and wake America up....

Necessity is the mother of all invention....When we really cant afford it...WE will come up with an alternative

The prices will go up fast enough on their own, we don't need any more taxes to artificially raise the price, thank you very much.

And more hybrids...

No. Hybrids are a scam. They're a stopgap measure that does very little in actual gas savings overall, and opens up the whole solid waste can of worms, as the batteries are filled with toxic materials. If you're going to go the route of having toxic batteries, make the cars all electric with rapid charging technologies, not some stupid hybrid which still burns gas AND brings the solid waste problem with it. Plus, people who get hybrids think they're actually doing something for the environment when they really aren't, thus they take the pressure off of the car industry to find real solutions.

Sell me a 45/45.

I've looked at electrics, almost got sold on one- until I learned it's top speed was 25! There's a class called "neighborhood electric vehicles" that the federal government has recognized. I can't take that on a road with a 45 mph speed limit.

Sell me a "reasonably" priced electric car that recharges overnight from a 120 or 220 volt outlet. It should have seat belts/shoulder harness and air bags and be reasonably safe. I'd like it to have air conditioning, but I could do without. Heat can be from a catalytic, propane or kerosene heater. And oh yeah- top speed of 45 is ok, and a range of 45 miles is ok. I'll buy it and use it for commuting. I'll keep my other vehicles for road trips and hauling anvils.

Detroit doesn't think this can sell. They want a full blown electric vehicle that performs like a gasser. Gee- just like the EV-1? I bet the first company to get 3 or 4 wheeled electric vehicles on the street meeting these specs will clean up.

I hope GM actually produces the Volt, its basically an EV-1 with a gas generator if needed. If they do make sure you buy it instead of a lease so they can't take it back and crush it :(

Sell me a 45/45.

I've looked at electrics, almost got sold on one- until I learned it's top speed was 25! There's a class called "neighborhood electric vehicles" that the federal government has recognized. I can't take that on a road with a 45 mph speed limit.

Sell me a "reasonably" priced electric car that recharges overnight from a 120 or 220 volt outlet. It should have seat belts/shoulder harness and air bags and be reasonably safe. I'd like it to have air conditioning, but I could do without. Heat can be from a catalytic, propane or kerosene heater. And oh yeah- top speed of 45 is ok, and a range of 45 miles is ok. I'll buy it and use it for commuting. I'll keep my other vehicles for road trips and hauling anvils.

Detroit doesn't think this can sell. They want a full blown electric vehicle that performs like a gasser. Gee- just like the EV-1? I bet the first company to get 3 or 4 wheeled electric vehicles on the street meeting these specs will clean up.

Oh really? Try this: Tesla Motors
Not yet reasonably priced, but outperforms almost any gas powered car. They're going to be making consumer models in the near future.

Eventually with gas going up the way it is, the expensive alternative energies of the past will become the cheap alternative enegergies of the future.

I'm familiar with Tesla. That's why I said reasonably priced. $100,000 - ain't! And there's some doubt about them ever producing the "next" version they are talking about.

I almost bought a scooter, but came to my senses and realized I could have a scooter, or live.

I'd buy a minimally capable electric 2 seater with room for 4 bags of groceries. But I've got to be able to drive on a road with a 45 mph speed limit. And live thru the experience.

I'm familiar with Tesla. That's why I said reasonably priced. $100,000 - ain't! And there's some doubt about them ever producing the "next" version they are talking about.

I almost bought a scooter, but came to my senses and realized I could have a scooter, or live.

I'd buy a minimally capable electric 2 seater with room for 4 bags of groceries. But I've got to be able to drive on a road with a 45 mph speed limit. And live thru the experience.

Whether they do or not, shows that this kind of thing can be done. And if they can build enough capital, they will build resonably priced sedans.

Regarding the possibility of paying $10 to $15 a gallon. Never say never. I'm old enough to remember when it was 22 cents a gallon.

I couldn't find any reference to one item that will be the deciding factor for many - air conditioning (or the lack of it).
Tesla Motors - technical specs, about two-thirds down the page under Standard Interior Features. Air conditioning is listed as standard. And, after all, it is a roadster, so the top is extra; chances are you won't be using the air conditioner all that much.

That said, I think I'll wait for the White Star...

I think it's stupid that we have to pay so much for gas. I know there's another way to used vechiles without using gas.

Kind of glad to see gas go up so we can get rid of those ridiculous trucks/suvs on the road. I hate when I want to take a turn and can't see over someones quad cab dodge ram. On a side note, I'm heavily invested in oil stocks so I've been making some decent returns.

Sucks for me since I drive a full size Chevy regular cab. I'm actually looking at the new Tundra double cab as I need more room.

We need a truck since we own a home.

kenny911, you're going to get a fight from those of us who own those vehicles, especially for legitimate reasons, like those who need a pick-up for their line of work! In my case, I have a full size Silverado, 16 mpg in the kind of driving I do. I need its capabilities and capacity occasionally on my "ranch", particularly for hauling firewood cut on my property and nearby. For the most part, however it is there on standby. I only take it on the road occasionally, mostly for other kinds of hauling and sometimes when my other 2 vehicles are spoken for. It's for this last reason that I have that truck, as a 3rd vehicle, vs. renting one only when needed. Otherwise I'm driving my more socially-responsible cars that get 24-29 mpg 90+% of the time.

OTOH, I also have some solid investments in oil companies (mostly BP) and other energy companies.

Kind of glad to see gas go up so we can get rid of those ridiculous trucks/suvs on the road. I hate when I want to take a turn and can't see over someones quad cab dodge ram. On a side note, I'm heavily invested in oil stocks so I've been making some decent returns.

As the owner of a Dodge Ram Quad Cab full bed diesel 4x4, I resemble that remark!

I was looking into converting used veggie oil into fuel, but now I hear the county is looking to "obtain" all the used oil from the restaurants and convert it themselves for their own use. Give me a :( and a :) feeling at the same time!

I'd love to buy a charge overnight electric that could go 45 miles at 45 mph. That would probably suffice for 90% of my trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts