How I can get my dish line up for HD channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

pintnight

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 24, 2005
The wind almost knock my dish off the wall outside. :eek: So, I got the dish bolted down tightly! So, I get the dish positioned that I can get all the channels but, HD for HBO, ESPN, etc (I can get Discovery HD but I'm assuming that is coming from a different sat). At one point I got HBO and ESPN HD with some pretty good signal and then I lost it when I tighten the bolts, so I go back and readjust the dish ever so slightly and I can get HBO HD but the signal strength is low and I cannot get ESPN HD.

I gave up right now and might try again when I friends over to help so they can watch the signal strength and such.

This sucks because I was going to watch Sopranos on HBO HD. :mad:

First make 110% sure that the mast is plumb and level.

Secondly, post your zip so we can assure that you are using the correct coordinates.

charper1 said:
First make 110% sure that the mast is plumb and level.

Secondly, post your zip so we can assure that you are using the correct coordinates.
The mast is plumb and level (I just checked it again to respond to the post). The dish is mounted to the side of the house.

My ZIP code is 76021.

dragon002 said:
so watch the sopranos in sd, line up the 101 and watch away!!
SD wasn't the issue and I was able to watch it on SD. But, there's something to be said that I'm paying for HD and I rather get my money out of it by watching HD. :rolleyes:

Sorry I did not see the zip the first time By type of dish I meant trip or 5 lnb. The settings are different on the two. i am going to assume you mean a trip. Azimuth, 241 elevation, 30 tilt 56. Good Luck!

rockaway1836 said:
Sorry I did not see the zip the first time By type of dish I meant trip or 5 lnb. The settings are different on the two. i am going to assume you mean a trip. Azimuth, 241 elevation, 30 tilt 56. Good Luck!
The dish is a triple lnb.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)