How is VOOM going to uninstall 46,000 people in one month?

jnardone

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 20, 2004
Hi:
I spoke with a VOOM CSR yesterday and he said they are shutting down customer service at the end of May. If they do this, who is going to be there to schedule the removal of the dishes and antennas and the patching of roofs and walls in order to make customers whole? Are they going to try to schedule and complete 46,000 service calls in one month?

jnardone said:
Hi:
I spoke with a VOOM CSR yesterday and he said they are shutting down customer service at the end of May. If they do this, who is going to be there to schedule the removal of the dishes and antennas and the patching of roofs and walls in order to make customers whole? Are they going to try to schedule and complete 46,000 service calls in one month?

They have a very large magic wand to wave and all will be well. Remove the dishes and patch holes in your roof? You must be kidding! Not going to happen. Look at these items as battle scars or trophies. Wax the dish once a month and tell your war stories to the new neighbors when they ask what is Voom? :yes

I can almost bet that Indy is right they are not going to come and remove or patch anything at this point so don't hold your breath if you really thought they were going to cause i am sure you will be holding it a long time. I could almost bet that the only thing you are going to here from them is maybe a box sent to home to return the IRD if even that at this point.

t

I'm not sending them anything...if they want it that bad (the dish, two receivers and remotes), they can come get it...I'm more than a little pissed than no one at VOOM bothered to say anything about a possible shutdown when I signed on a month ago...

Trock62 said:
I'm not sending them anything...if they want it that bad (the dish, two receivers and remotes), they can come get it...I'm more than a little pissed than no one at VOOM bothered to say anything about a possible shutdown when I signed on a month ago...

welcome to the real world

I had an installer contact me and he said he may not even come pick my 2 stb's up since they are paying next to nothing to get it done. I live about 40 minutes from Portland and it would not pay his gas to come get them. Hopefully I'll have 2 OTA tuners for awhile.

DarrellP said:
I had an installer contact me and he said he may not even come pick my 2 stb's up since they are paying next to nothing to get it done. I live about 40 minutes from Portland and it would not pay his gas to come get them. Hopefully I'll have 2 OTA tuners for awhile.

Dont give up your Stb's to him unless you see proof of Voom directing him to come get them from you. What happens if you give them up to some installer trying to make up for Stb's he's sold on ebay and then Voom calls you wanting yours back?

Trock62 said:
According to the terms and conditions of your lease with VOOM, you are required to return all STBs or be charged $400 per. Don't act surprised to see VOOM charge your credit card or turn this matter over to a collection agent should you fail to return their equipment, in good working order and in a reasonable amount of time, should they want it back.

I would think Voom should send something out.
I also see that "Babygirl" posted something encourging about Voom.
There was also something posted a week or so ago about something happening after the 1st of May.

I would wait until into May before doing anything. Just my gut feeling. Let's see what happens. To many rumors, and too much pressure from the folks at direct and cable to think they want us to jump into something with out all the facts on the table.

roland

Trock62 said:

i know you are pissed so is alot of other voomer on this thread but the bottom line is if you are leasing your boxes they belong to voom and if you don't return them when and if they ask they will charge you 400.00 per box.

t

vurbano said:
Dont give up your Stb's to him unless you see proof of Voom directing him to come get them from you. What happens if you give them up to some installer trying to make up for Stb's he's sold on ebay and then Voom calls you wanting yours back?
This was the installer that actually did my install, so I know who he is. He called trying to upsell me to Dish or Direct to make it worth his time to come pick it up. I will not give it up until directed by Voom, I need my extra OTA tuner. :D

like to see them charge my creditcard (cause i was smart enough not to give it to them, pay by mail was the only choice for me) they are gonna have to come get the boxes and take the dish and patch the roof !!!!!! they shoulda went with self install then they wouldnt have this problem !!!

All they want is the stb, you get to keep the dish and the holes in your house as a consolation prize.

csr told me that if i wanted the dish removed they would do it ! she did tell me that i get to keep it, and that the reason why was because they didnt want to have to fix my roof or anyone elses!

A csr told me they would be deploying an army of T-600 deinstall units to do the removals (replacing the older ED209 deinstall units which were prone to breakdowns and had problems with ladder navigation).

Suppose they charge everyone's credit card for $400 dependent upon returning the STB? Can they do that ?(I smell James Dolan at work here.)

Let's see $400 X 40,000 = 16mil

Tvlman said:
Suppose they charge everyone's credit card for $400 dependent upon returning the STB? Can they do that ?(I smell James Dolan at work here.)

Let's see $400 X 40,000 = 16mil

Yes they can do this if they asked you to return the equipment and you opt not to then yes they can. Check your contract for leased boxes.

t

Wait and see...Voom will not pick up or send boxes for any of their equipment, Why????? Because it would cost them more than they could get for them ...having to pay people to recieve and catalog them shipping...why do you think they would do that??????? Just wait and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts