How is VOOM picture quality?

billinmidmich

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
Hi, I;m thinking of going to DISH in order to get VOOM. My question is, How is the picture quality on VOOM. I was an original VOOM subscriber and have been with CBAND for 20+ years, was happy with the picture quality of VOOM before they shut down. Directv bribed me over with their rebate for former VOOM subs. I am not too happy with what Directv has to offer in HD. I have read in some posts that DISH is transmittitng a "LITE" HD version of VOOM. I thought that they had backed down from that. Thanks for anticipated replies. Bill

All 10 VOOM channels are currently HD-lite which is noticeably worse than VOOM used to be a year ago.
Still much better than any SD channel of course. ;)

billinmidmich said:
Hi, I;m thinking of going to DISH in order to get VOOM. My question is, How is the picture quality on VOOM. I was an original VOOM subscriber and have been with CBAND for 20+ years, was happy with the picture quality of VOOM before they shut down. Directv bribed me over with their rebate for former VOOM subs. I am not too happy with what Directv has to offer in HD. I have read in some posts that DISH is transmittitng a "LITE" HD version of VOOM. I thought that they had backed down from that. Thanks for anticipated replies. Bill
Picture quility is horrid. I wouldn't sub to voom until they go back to Full Rez. Waste of time and money to sub to it like it is. They will either change it or alot of us will be dropping voom and/or Dish.

i used to watch channels just to watch the awsome picture. e.g. equator hd...wasn't that intresting but really neat to watch becuase it was almost better than discoveryhd and was more quiet and less narrative then discovery...the would just let u expirience other places rather then be told what some place in africa is like....

billinmidmich said:

Yes. The HD quality of the VOOM channels is not up to the 1920x1080i standard that we used to get on three VoOM channels --Equator, Monsters, and another that I forget its name. Now you have D*. Take a look at Discovery HD Theater on DirecTv which it is also HD Lite at 1280x1080i. If you can live with that, you can certainly live with the VOOM HD channels PQ. In fact, I will give a notch to the VOOM HD channels over Discovery HD Theater on DirecTv. But they wil not be the same as the Discovery HD Theater on E*.

Hi,
New member, just joined. I've been and HD E* customer for a few years with an 811 receiver. I was planning upgrading to the new 622 to get the new channels and pvr features. I called dishnetwork and the csr I talked to didn't know about the new receivers!!! So I'm surfing for info and come across Sat guys and now I.m pissed. So E* is going to give us HD lite on all the new channels? The channels I get now look great. What the hell is up?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)