How likely is the 360 to develop freezing problems?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Jeff003

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 28, 2004
I just bought one but was reading on xbox.com and amazon that a lot of them develop freezing problems in as little as 6 months and have to be repaired.I hope this isn't in a lot of units.I hate to think I will have to send it off and wait to get it back even thou I have a warrenty on it.According to what I read once the freezing starts it gets worse and worse until it won't read discs at all.My xbox 1 is 3 years old.It's froze a couple of times but it doesn't happen that often and it still reads the disc.

Over the last 12 months mine has frozen in the dash board and in a few games , I had to reboot the whole system and it was fine but to be safe I just return it with 2 weeks left on my 1 year warrenty at gamestop and I got another 1 year warrenty for it . Had no problems with the new one as of yet but have not played it a lot. Also if you do have problems when you exchange it for a new one keep your harddrive ( even if you return it to the store you got it , they will do it , just get the right person to agree).

I have two launch 360s -- and they mainly lock up during games. Call of Duty 3 seems to be a real buggy game for it to handle as it looks up continuously during live matches. A reboot does the trick and I've luckily avoided the infamous red ring of death.

The core system I brought on 11-22-05, launch day. Died on me Sunday December the 10th, 2006. I was thinking, instead of sending it in to be repaired and paying $130 dollars and received a refurbish unit, that may not work latter in the future.. I might as well buy a new preminum 360 and get a gamespot, bestbuy or circuit city warranty. That way, if the new one dies. I will take it back and get a new one, right out of the box. The core I have now came from walmart at launch with no warranty.

The core system I brought on 11-22-05, launch day. Died on me Sunday December the 10th, 2006. I was thinking, instead of sending it in to be repaired and paying $130 dollars and received a refurbish unit, that may not work latter in the future.. I might as well buy a new preminum 360 and get a gamespot, bestbuy or circuit city warranty. That way, if the new one dies. I will take it back and get a new one, right out of the box. The core I have now came from walmart at launch with no warranty.

You know that your 05 system will be fix for free by MS , They do not charge for the 05 systems to be fixed, just the 06

I bought the 3 year warrenty at target for 29.95.They will fix it twice and replace it with a new one the 3rd time.

mine developed a freezing problem in 11 months and approx 20 days. I bought a launch console on the 22 of Nov, waited 14 hours, but that is the only problem that I had. I only hated M$ repair service sending ) me a box via UPS 3 day, then I send it back with their sticker 3 day, they fix it (2-4 days), they ship it 3 day. So it takes over two weeks to get it back.

mastermesh:
You should really have your 360's sent in. Mine did this and it was enough of an annoyance to make me regret my purchase. But MS handled my repair quickly and without any cost to me. What was a major disappointment turned out to be a minor inconvenience, something I did not expect from a company like Microsoft. Call a rep, they'll send you boxes and shipping slips, Send your systems in and wait a week. You'll be glad you did.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts