How long does it take Dish to pickup a new MUST CARRY

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
It has applied to dbs carriers since 2002 or dish would not have carried all the crappy low interest channels in NYC
. If my satellite company provides local-into-local, will I be able to receive all of the broadcast channels in my local market?

A:
Initially, your satellite company will determine the channels you receive. Generally, the satellite companies are planning to provide only the local network affiliates of the major networks, i.e., ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX. Thus, you may not receive other networks or local independent stations. Further, after May 30, 2000, the TV stations must agree to be carried on the satellite system. If the satellite company and the TV station are unable to agree after this date, the TV station may no longer be carried on the satellite system. In addition, beginning January 1, 2002, a satellite company that has chosen to provide local-into-local service will be required to provide subscribers with all of the local broadcast TV signals that are assigned to that DMA and that ask to be carried on the satellite system. However, a satellite company will not be required to carry more than one local broadcast TV station that is affiliated with a particular TV network unless the TV stations are licensed to communities in different states. On November 2, 2000, the FCC issued a Report and Order that implements these SHVIA requirements. The Report and Order is designated as "FCC 00-388" and can be downloaded from the link above or, you may purchase a copy from Qualex International at 202-863-2893.

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/shva/shviafac.html

Its not "Must carry" its SHIVA

. If my satellite company provides local-into-local, will I be able to receive all of the broadcast channels in my local market?

A:
Initially, your satellite company will determine the channels you receive. Generally, the satellite companies are planning to provide only the local network affiliates of the major networks, i.e., ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX. Thus, you may not receive other networks or local independent stations. Further, after May 30, 2000, the TV stations must agree to be carried on the satellite system. If the satellite company and the TV station are unable to agree after this date, the TV station may no longer be carried on the satellite system. In addition, beginning January 1, 2002, a satellite company that has chosen to provide local-into-local service will be required to provide subscribers with all of the local broadcast TV signals that are assigned to that DMA and that ask to be carried on the satellite system. However, a satellite company will not be required to carry more than one local broadcast TV station that is affiliated with a particular TV network unless the TV stations are licensed to communities in different states. On November 2, 2000, the FCC issued a Report and Order that implements these SHVIA requirements. The Report and Order is designated as "FCC 00-388" and can be downloaded from the link above or, you may purchase a copy from Qualex International at 202-863-2893.

http://transition.fcc.gov/mb/shva/shviafac.html

Its not "Must carry" its SHIVA
Could someone use the line you bolded to argue Dish has to carry (or at least negotiate to carry) subchannels?

Could someone use the line you bolded to argue Dish has to carry (or at least negotiate to carry) subchannels?

Dish does carry some subchannels in my market. Most likely forced on Dish since the subchannels are on the major's channel, and the station probably made a condition of carrying the major network Dish had to carry their subchannel.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts