How long does it take for new channels to be added?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

OoTLink

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 25, 2005
I am almost positive I've seen this asked before, but can't remember -- basically I'm curious on adding superstations to our service (it's cheaper than getting a *decent* antenna or an FTA receiver [though that is awfully tempting just for goofing around]), but am also wondering how long it'll take to add them -- given I do that online.

Hrmm one random other thing, we switched our main line over to VoIP earlier this month and I haven't gotten a line splitter (or duplex jack) upstairs so the receiver can't/won't dial in since the VoIP system gives the wrong ANI.. no big deal since I only need a $2 splitter or so.. which I'll be getting tomorrow, but if the dish box is disconnected for about 2 weeks and then plugged back into a landline, can the additional outlet fee get removed for that month, or at least, should I call and make sure they don't charge it again?

I guess that'll answer my questions. thanks!

Oh one more thing...

How come you can get dishnet's music channels over FTA but if you don't have them in your service, they don't allow you to pick up the non sirius ones?! No fair! :mad:

Where are you located, and what channels are you looking for? If it's UPN, and WB, they're part of the locals, depending on your location.

You know, that's the funny thing -- by AIR if you have a good antenna you can grab WB and UPN, both have local stations around here...

But Dishnet doesn't include them as locals, it includes them as "super stations" which cost $6 extra :\ oh well, I'd rather pay that than a $5 additional outlet fee :cool:

OoTLink said:
You know, that's the funny thing -- by AIR if you have a good antenna you can grab WB and UPN, both have local stations around here...

But Dishnet doesn't include them as locals, it includes them as "super stations" which cost $6 extra :\ oh well, I'd rather pay that than a $5 additional outlet fee :cool:
Do you know what you DMA is? Basically, where do you live?
I was in a similar situation. You might want to check this thread.

http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=56351

You know what? You're RIGHT! KBWB and KBHK (WB and UPN) are listed in our default local channels! -- But we signed up for dishnet last year not in 2002.. geez looks like I'll have to call and nag em.. Thanks for the heads up!

Edit: Unfortunately, the WB we have doesn't have the 2 shows I was hoping for.. oh well, do they let you add say, WPIX (which is under "This address is eligible for all superstations"), with that package?

Oh wait, checked another thread, looks like they do that :) Cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts