How long does it take to become a "new" customer to DirecTV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ibezdechi

Original poster
Mar 28, 2007
How long does one need to be not a DirecTV customer before one can take advantage of their newest promotional price deals? I disconnected in March after five years with them. I still have the DVR and dish on my roof.

You still have the dvr? I'm surprised Directv didn't ask for it back. Anyways, it's generally a year, but often a former customer will be given a return offer that's at least as good as what they had before that year is up.

These days it isn't at all uncommon to start getting 'come back' offers in email and snail mail within days of cancelling service with them. I'm a little surprised that you haven't been inundated with them.

I started getting 'come backs' before the boxes showed up to send my DVRs back.

These days it isn't at all uncommon to start getting 'come back' offers in email and snail mail within days of cancelling service with them. I'm a little surprised that you haven't been inundated with them.

Agree on this; same thing happened w/me. (except I didn't have to send their POS HR20's back) Also started getting phone calls to come back as well.
I dumped them over 2 years ago & I'm STILL getting "come back" e-mails w/the same offers as brand new customers...

Agree on this; same thing happened w/me. (except I didn't have to send their POS HR20's back) Also started getting phone calls to come back as well.
I dumped them over 2 years ago & I'm STILL getting "come back" e-mails w/the same offers as brand new customers...

The HR20 is the second best dvr Directv has, behind the HR24. I have had one since shortly after they came out. It's worked flawlessly.

I still get comeback e-mails from Dish.....and I cancelled them almost 2 years ago

I thought it was 90 days to get the good deals again?

It is supposed to be, just like D*'s are supposed to be after 1 year or more. But these days both send 'come back' offers early and often!! :)

I guess they don't love me....and I haven't gotten ONE....

Although I do get frequent promotions from them for "DirecTV for Businesses." I'm wondering if somehow my account got flagged for the wrong type of promotion... I'm going to have to give them a call tomorrow... I'll report back....

The HR20 is the second best dvr Directv has, behind the HR24. I have had one since shortly after they came out. It's worked flawlessly.

If you REALLY think having to wait 10-15 seconds for the damn receiver to respond to remote commands every time is "flawless" - then uh yea, if you say so... :rolleyes: :p
Although I will say this...although still slow, it does actually perform better now, due to NOT being in the sat stream (I've still been watching things on the DVR to this day...)

I'm talking about my HR20, not yours. How am I supposed to know how well yours works, except for your nebulous "POS" comment?

I'm talking about my HR20, not yours. How am I supposed to know how well yours works, except for your nebulous "POS" comment?

NO more "nebulous" than making a blanket statement like:

The HR20 is the second best dvr Directv has, behind the HR24. I have had one since shortly after they came out.
:rolleyes:

And I have TWO of them...& BOTH were slow as crap - which is NOT flawless in my book, sorry.
I guess we have different definitions of what constitutes "flawless" & "POS"...if it makes you feel any better, while I am SO glad to now have DVR's that respond immediately to remote commands (in the Hoppers), I would NEVER, EVER call them "flawless", either; they definitely are having their own issues now.

Last edited by a moderator:

And I have TWO of them...& BOTH were slow as crap - which is NOT flawless in my book, sorry.
I guess we have different definitions of what constitutes "flawless" & "POS"...if it makes you feel any better, while I am SO glad to now have DVR's that respond immediately to remote commands (in the Hoppers), I would NEVER, EVER call them "flawless", either; they definitely are having their own issues now.

I think they all pretty much are real good in the beginning once the bugs are worked out of them ....
My HR24s worked great for a long time ..... however recently the 24 is bringing up the guide slowly .... I think it may have started when they changed to the stupid and slow to come up Sports Score board ......
Wish they would fix both of them.

You claimed that the HR20 is a POS with nothing to back it up. Although my claim is far from footnoted, the general consensus is that the HR20 isn't as good as the HR24, but much better than the other dvrs. You have been here long enough to have read the reports. You are welcome to do the actual research.

You claimed that the HR20 is a POS with nothing to back it up.

The many, many numerous complaints about it's dog-ass SLOW speed, as well as all my clients that have complained to me over the years about it, is good enough for me.

And as Jimbo points out above, they were NOT like this when they first came out; it was only after D* forced that stupid HD-GUI (& all the interactive crap) down into boxes that were NEVER equipped to run applications like this. But at the end of day, it doesn't matter - BOTTOM LINE, they now run like total crap.

Although my claim is far from footnoted, the general consensus is that the HR20 isn't as good as the HR24, but much better than the other dvrs.

Well considering how crappy the others are (HR21-23 I'm assuming you speak of...) I guess it wouldn't take much to be better; though I've NEVER read anyone call it "much better" - find me some links that "back your statement up"

You have been here long enough to have read the reports. You are welcome to do the actual research.

Already done both, don't need to again. As far as I'm (& most of my clients) are concerned, if you have to constantly wait & wait & wait for a DVR to respond to the simplest of remote commands, that makes it a POS in my (& their) books.

We'll just have to disagree on this one...

I'm sorry your customers have had such bad luck with theirs. I guess I'm just lucky. Mine, and most I have read about, are faster after the HD GUI was added.

lets cut with the language dishrich. Even though you dont like your DVR, no reason to swear in every post about it

If you leave and come back does not how long DirecTV see you as a former customer on the account so the best way to have a deal like a new customer would his get the protection plan it's seven bucks a month but every year the first year you get a free upgrade the Seckinger you get awful system upgrade no cost to you and whatever new customer prices are you get for promotion.

Yeah even more than two years is customer own typically pretty as I want to pack specially if it's age 20 or older their scrap now

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)