How long for Voom to aquire channels after install?

crash331

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Mar 6, 2005
Mine has been up about an hour and still no channels other than locals. When the installer first put it up, the signal meter was reading 86. Now when I go into the menu there is no signal. Did I mess something up or does it say there is no signal when it is downloading the data?

On which channel? Remember that signal meter is channel-specific.
If you get no signal on satellite channels, you have a problem! First, check your connections.

The signal meter for the satellite channel was 86 when the guy was on the roof and I was yelling back to him what the strength is.

THen he activated it, the local channels came on, but now if I go into the menus and check the sat signal strenth, there is nothing listed. Nothing has changed since he left, except I turned the box off once on accident. All of the sat channels say no guide data or whatever.

With a signal of 86, you will get rain fade. The signal should have picked at more than 90+. First thing is to check if there is a cable that is loose. Look at the satellite did it move some how. If none of these are possibilities, I will call the csr and ask them to hit the box.

I will strongly suggest you that to get them back to re-peak that satellite otherwise you will get rain fade. Do you have the 18 or 24 inches dish?

i think a giant tree is what is hindering my signal at 86. that isn't the issue now, though. the issue is it wont pick anything up at all and it did before with the exact same setup.

i just unplugged the box and plugged it back in and now have the update screen. thanks for the help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)