How Long Should I Wait For a Reply From DIRT Team Member?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Honestly, basic home accounting, and US Political History(and intro to law) should be mandatory as well, in addition to a better understanding of actual economics.

These are topics that I think would honestly improve the status quo of our country. People will understand how to balance a check book, and Facebook would not be as stupid. I can honestly tell you I have never used Geometry outside of school, and these would serve the better good. Social studies and current history courses are a joke and there needs to be a tightening on English. When I was in college just 2 short years ago, they had no idea our to use a semi colon or what it is for. There is no excuse for that, especially the entire class. It was not remedial English.

Honestly, basic home accounting, and US Political History(and intro to law) should be mandatory as well, in addition to a better understanding of actual economics.

Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools is doing that right now for my daughter in middle school. I now anxiously await a course in critical thinking, or else I'll have to teach her myself.

My daughter took a course in Critical Thinking in middle school as part of Florida Virtual School (online public school) which supplemented her regular Magnet school curriculum.

Reactions: TheKrell
Fairfax County (VA) Public Schools is doing that right now for my daughter in middle school. I now anxiously await a course in critical thinking, or else I'll have to teach her myself.
That makes me very happy. Seriously, it really does

I can honestly tell you I have never used Geometry outside of school
Most people never will but it is used in engineering as is trigonometry. Real-world application (not common, I know !!) with trig is plotting coordinates in x, y, z space for developing the "vanes" on a pump impeller (this would be done on fan blades, turbine blades, boat propellers, etc) ! We did it on paper (or a spreadsheet), then imported those x, y, z points into 3D-modeling software.

Reactions: charlesrshell
The level of geometry you learn in High School didn’t help that Carpenter.

I guess my point is I would rather have school educating useful classes rather than babysitting.

Reactions: charlesrshell
So is the programming fee and protection plan, but those are not equipment fees either. Just reminding that if they got two DVRs, that wouldn’t change the service fee. Or 1 DVR and one non DVR, still the same. It’s good to be reminded it will be there, but is not an equipment fee.

I guess you can look at it however you want to. The question I have (I think I know the answer) is can you refuse the DVR fee and keep the receiver and service but just not have any DVR features usable? If so, I would agree that it is really only a DVR option fee.

Reactions: pattykay
No... the fees are going to be based on the capability of the receiver. The exception is commercial accounts for things like restaurants, according to a nice little post on the BBB website.

So is the programming fee and protection plan, but those are not equipment fees either. Just reminding that if they got two DVRs, that wouldn’t change the service fee. Or 1 DVR and one non DVR, still the same. It’s good to be reminded it will be there, but is not an equipment fee.
I never said it was an equipment fee. n0qcu said "The first receiver on the account has NO fee at all." I was pointing out that if the only receiver on the account is a DVR, then there is a fee, and there is no way to avoid that fee. In that case, it might as well be an equipment fee, but I wasn't trying to argue that point.

Reactions: ChadT41
Lol. Sounds like we have different viewpoints on it. I see it as the first receiver has no fee, regardless, but you pay for the service you choose.
You see it as an unavoidable fee for having that first receiver as a DVR. Perspectives, but we both are correct.

Reactions: pattykay
Perspectives, but we both are correct.
Yes, but for the perspective of a new customer unaware of how Dish fees work, the blanket phrase "the first receiver has NO fee at all" is misleading, which is why the next post came in with "Unless it is a DVR".

This forum is mostly here to help others, so the semantics can be important at times.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)