How long to be gone , to be a new sub

mneitzel

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 17, 2005
I miss Dish. I move and have Charter. While my experince has been better than most, I would like to move back in the spring. But how long do you need to be gone before you are a new sub again?

I think it is never.
I came back to dish after 3 years break, at different address location since I moved. New installtion was through dealer and I remember dealer contract stated along lines that if you or or your family ever had dish network previously you may be subject for extra fees and not be eligible for new customer promotion. When I brought it to dealer's attention he turned blind eye and asked me ignore it.....I haven't been charged anything

But keep in mind they will always consider your social as returning customer, but dealer or even their direct ''SALES DEPT." may let you in as new customer.

6 months! WOW, Charlie has turned generous. The last I heard it was 3 years. Could someone verify the 6 months figure? It seems apocryphal. I just can't imagine Charlie paying his high acquisition costs TWICE in one year. Charlie HATES that, and it so does Wall Street. That policy would mean even deeper drops in Dish's stock price! Now, I would believe something approaching 2 years.

6 months! WOW, Charlie has turned generous. The last I heard it was 3 years. Could someone verify the 6 months figure? It seems apocryphal. I just can't imagine Charlie paying his high acquisition costs TWICE in one year. Charlie HATES that, and it so does Wall Street. That policy would mean even deeper drops in Dish's stock price! Now, I would believe something approaching 2 years.

The Six Months is correct..

Formers DHA with a 24 month commitiment. You are not a new customer but you are pretty much given everything anyway..

The Six Months is correct..

Formers DHA with a 24 month commitiment. You are not a new customer but you are pretty much given everything anyway..
As others stated this is a verified and legitimate program.

I WILL tell you that the installing company is paid $100 less than on a new, "virgin" customer.

As a result, I tell my customers right up front that I will charge an extra $100 for their "free" install if they have been a 'previous' customer. (and the reason why if they ask)

Of course I meant this reply to the OP...mneitzel

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)