How long to wait for reply from ceo@dishnetwork.com?

sf_user

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 7, 2004
Hi,
I've been with Dish for 4.5 years. I signed on for the no-monthly fee DP7200 deal.
The 7200 has been wacky from the start, but i live with my lost recordings and other bugs 'cause I don't pay a PVR fee.

ANYWAY, I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com for the 1st time this weekend to see if they could offer me an incentive to stay with Dish when I move next week. I have my account set to "DishPause" on Wednesday, and haven't decided if I'll use DishMover or just cancel. I'd be a new sub to D* and TimeWarnerCable in Austin has offered me a good deal if I show 'em my current satellite bill.

I bought a 921 from CostCo, but I calculated it'll cost me $26 a month for Dish HDTV programming and guide info! ($10 HDTV, $6 DIsh Locals for Guide data, $5 mirror fee, $5 PVR fee).

How long does it usually take to get a reply from ceo@dishnetwork.com?

Thanks!

caesar gdi said:
really?? I sent an email in on a Sat and they called me about 20 minutes later and resolved my issue.

I sent them an email on Saturday and got a call within an hour. I wasn't home to answer the call so I called the number they left and am still waiting for the return call.

Will all the e-mail being blocked on the net (because of spam) it is always a good idea to email them again if you don't get an answer within 48 hours. Be sure to include a phone number where you can reached.

Stargazer said:
Are there certain types of accounts that they might block like yahoo or hotmail?

I don't think so. Mine is an hotmail account, and I got response with in a day.

If you dont get a reply within a day or two write again. If you still dont get a reply write your newspaper and ask them how a company which is a JD Power award winner can treat customers so bad.

If Dish won't listen someone else will, and I know if we work together we can make Dish listen. :)

Scott Greczkowski said:
If you dont get a reply within a day or two write again. If you still dont get a reply write your newspaper and ask them how a company which is a JD Power award winner can treat customers so bad.

If Dish won't listen someone else will, and I know if we work together we can make Dish listen. :)
Gee Scott, you've gotten bitter since Charlie dropped the MSRP on the 921's.
Or were you bitter before that? :) I'm not going to email the CEO of Ford to schedule a service call on my Lincoln, and I won't go to the press if he doesn't answer in a day or two. It's no wonder things at Dish move so slowly, if all of us are making the CEO respond to mundane issues. Lighten up, eh?

No lightning up here.

This story of people writing to CEO or any other customer support address and not getting a reply is getting more and more common. And it really needs to stop. Problem I think is Dish does not care and hopefully if we work together we can get Dish to take notice and at least act like they care again.

I get PM's every day from people upset at ME because no one from Dish has written them back yet, some even go so far as providing me their full account numbers! (Folks I am NOT Dish Network) ;)

We are now 15,000 strong and growing every day, lets work together and use our voices and hopefully (just hopefully) we can help Dish Network improve for all. If we can help Dish improve then we are doing a service for Dish and our members at the same time. :)

If the squeeky wheel gets the grease, then imagine what 15,000 squeeky wheels can do. :D

Yup, Dish is in the Business to make money. If it costs them more money to please a customer, then that customer is not important to them. Just look at their stock compared to DirecTV...

I have emailed them about 5 times to ceo@.. and never once got a response, it is pointless unless you have a very easy question to answer. I basically had to call, and call and work my way up the manager tree and still they could not help me. Just call in to ask for a supervisor and see how high up you can get. I have made it up to 811 R&D engineer and they still don't know the ins and outs of the box the make.

Thanks for the replies. I emailed them on Sat. Since I haven't heard back, I just resent the email, but this time I added my phone #.

On a related note:

1. I called last week to cancel my service (starting tomorrow).
2. I called yesterday to cancel the cancel request, and instead moved to "DishPause" starting Thursday.
3. I received a call today from a lady in the retention department. She politely told me that when I cancelled my service, they were notified to call me (and they must call). She saw I had 'uncancelled' and with with Dishpause instead. As such, she could not do anything for me. yep, I have to have an active cancel order in the system for them to offer me any kind of 'retention.'

you would think that since she was already on the phone w/me she would want to try and keep me... and no, i did not immediately request to cancel in order to give her the ability to 'retain' me. :)

sf_user said:
Hi,
I've been with Dish for 4.5 years. I signed on for the no-monthly fee DP7200 deal.
The 7200 has been wacky from the start, but i live with my lost recordings and other bugs 'cause I don't pay a PVR fee.

ANYWAY, I emailed ceo@dishnetwork.com for the 1st time this weekend to see if they could offer me an incentive to stay with Dish when I move next week. I have my account set to "DishPause" on Wednesday, and haven't decided if I'll use DishMover or just cancel. I'd be a new sub to D* and TimeWarnerCable in Austin has offered me a good deal if I show 'em my current satellite bill.

I bought a 921 from CostCo, but I calculated it'll cost me $26 a month for Dish HDTV programming and guide info! ($10 HDTV, $6 DIsh Locals for Guide data, $5 mirror fee, $5 PVR fee).

How long does it usually take to get a reply from ceo@dishnetwork.com?

Thanks!

I must have been one of the lucky ones. Within 30 minutes I got a reply. The whole issue that I wrote them about is still ongoing (see another posting about upgrading for DVR). We will see what will happens. I ended up now faxing some stuff to 2 different people so far.

Francisco

I got a response in about 3 days regarding the Comcast Chicago mess. Invioted me to call him, which I'm doing next week, when I get back home.

nsafreak said:
I'm curious new_to_hdtv and navy8ball what questions did you send to ceo@dishnetwork.com that never got answered?
My ? was about billing. For 3 months they haven't debited the correct amount via credit card autopay and each time I talked with a CSR they assured me that it would be taken care of, but come the next billing it would still be hosed up. As of today I'm still waiting a response from Mr. CEO ...... but not holding my breath. :no

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)