How many 6000's are out there?

Add me to the list - still using my 6000, but for OTA only. Makes for a good match to my "old" 1st gen. Mits HDTV. I too am waiting to see if it'll be worth anything when MPEG4 starts to roll out.

Dave

Still have mine. It's currently not being used as I have upgraded to the 811. But I'm keeping it as a backup, as I bought both of the modules plus the Legacy adapter for Dish Pro equipment. Ain't it great being an existing subscriber when the new stuff comes out?

DRGingras said:
Add me to the list - still using my 6000, but for OTA only. Makes for a good match to my "old" 1st gen. Mits HDTV. I too am waiting to see if it'll be worth anything when MPEG4 starts to roll out.

Dave

I'm hoping there will be some kind of upgrade deal to a 411 come MPEG-4 time. If not, I'll probably keep it for OTA.

Brad

I have two with 8psk and ATSC cards. One is no longer in service (the remote stopped working!) and the other is on my bedroom set. I also have a 942 and a 508 setup. I know that the mpeg-4 is coming but I have a strong hunch that it will take longer than we currently believe and that there will be a upgrade path for current users!

Both my 6000s alive and well....

Add 2 more to the count -- both have 8PSK & 8VSB modules. (Did do the fan replacement on the 8VSB modules so they run cooler, quieter, and longer.)

Menus/guide not a real problem... I take notes when I surf the EPG on the 921, and can set the timer manually on the 6000s if I need to.

Both 6000s still have excellent HD PQ, very good OTA, and have been very, very reliable. With the recent OTA issues with the 921, I just did my OTA watching on the downstairs HDTV with it's 6000. -- Just wish the 921 "backup insurance" didn't cost $5/month!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)