How many are keeping or still getting SBCA certified?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SBCA certification

• I am certified and will renew when time comes.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • I am certified and will NOT renew.

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • I install but have never been certified.

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Whats the SBCA? "Watch this be the most popular"

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Why bother, you threw your money away when you got certified the first time!

The problem is that any Joe six pack can say he is a satellite professional and can be out tomrrow installing Dishes. Until the providers make certification a requirement, then there is no point getting certified!

I keep mine up because it looks good on paper, and it sounds good to the customer when they ask if you have to be certified to install.
O, also the company I works for pays for us to take the test, so why not
Honestly I wish dish and direct WOULD require some type of certification to install. Hopefully Wildblue keeps it up, makes installers a little more responsible for their work

Why bother, you threw your money away when you got certified the first time!

The problem is that any Joe six pack can say he is a satellite professional and can be out tomrrow installing Dishes. Until the providers make certification a requirement, then there is no point getting certified!
I agree 100%. There is no point in the certification unless everyone(providers and Installers) get behind the SBCA certification and make it mandatory for all installers(Subs and In-house)

I agree it is a waste of money, I have been installing for years and consider my stuff professional. However taking a test and paying out the butt, when it doesn't help much is crazy. I am WB certified twiced. I have a WB certification and an E*/WB certification, but that is required. Whats crazy is I know installers that are SBCA cert. and are in the dark on a lot of stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)