How Many Channels Are 5 Minutes Off Today?

DarrellP

I Think, therefore, I am.
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 6, 2003
Salem, OR
I've tried several recordings of various channels today and they are all running 5 minutes late so the end of the show is cutting off. :mad: I know it happened on Gallery and I think the other one was Equator earlier today. Why can't the Bozo's in the Control Room of these companies start their own shows on time? :mad: :mad: :mad:

So nobody else is noticing huh? Equator for sure has been off 5 minutes all day. I've started padding all of my timers by 10 minutes either way just to be sure. This sucks, and it's not just Voom, Dish had HDNET off by 10 minutes for a week.

Darrellp,

reset the time of your recording according to the offtime. I usually record 5 minutes before the show starts and 10 minutes after it ends.

I started doing this, Sean, but it is an ugly fix. When the EPG say's a program starts at 11:00 am, it should start at 11:00 am, not 11:05 or 10:58. Voom has total control over the start/stop times of their own programming, so they either need to get synced to the EPG or change the EPG to reflect the proper time.

I record a ton of stuff from Voom and it screws up back to back recordings, I can't always be padding the recording to accomodate their screwup.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)