How Many FTAers are there?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I am 90% hobbist and 10% watcher. I am though, one of those pesimists that think pure FTA is in one of its worst crisis ever and is getting worse. Please, someome tell me I am wrong :)

Other than the Luken channel moving from KU band to C-band then adding more channels, what is the crisis? LOL!!!!! :D

I agree completely with ynnedibanez, there are more English language channels this year than in the past. The FTA hobby sure is treating my television habit very well! I have all major networks and most sub-channels. FTA is good!

Reactions: KE4EST
Even if all the scheduled programming went away, I'd still keep a dish just to watch the remote news feeds. I find them fascinating, especially the open mics. Caught one this morning from Ca. regarding the recent rains. Talking Head remarks; "Oh great, the sun just came out!" Tech says; "No problem. I'll just put on bunch of neutral density filters. Splash some water on the lens and it will look like we're shooting in the rain." LoL!

Last edited:
From what I understand that is done all the time in news shots to make it look more dramatic.

We pulled the plug on pay TV during the 2008 elections. From there we spent about 3 or 4 years with No outside TV connection-just the DVD player. I heard rumors that the local FOX affiliate had a 24/7 weather Radar feed on their .2 channel so I put up a Monoprice amplified antenna. All Network primary channels are still pass-blocked-constant garbage.
I had heard about FTA on shortwave and found you guys. Now my kids enjoy Smile of a Child and my wife is driven crazy by all the non-english programming. I plan to add the Stab motor soon and see what happens. We're really not too big into TV 'round here, but having an alternative is nice.
I now have a 2nd dish at the Ham Shack that feeds a FM Transmitter for the Farm Radio Station.
I'm not near smart enough to understand a great deal about what y'all go on about (and really don't have the time or desire to learn), but I've found the FTA does fill a gap in our families televised entertainment; and nurtures my inner-radio nerd to a certain extent :)

Edit to Add: I think I prolly need a BUD to get a taste of what is really out there!

Reactions: FTA4PA
If you have a descent ham radio antenna farm, a C-Band dish will be right at home. :)

Reactions: FTA4PA
I figure it will be like it always is after Dec 31st we'll lose a few due to the cost of putting a signal up there. Seems like things seem to go away at the years end. I read Iceberg's post and remember all to well all the great stuff even 5-6 years ago. The Equity channels were one of the reasons I got into FTA in 2008 or so....123W was a place to park a dish! I miss FSSN too.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)