How many have moved from Sat to Cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

DishDave

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 16, 2003
Just curious how many have moved from one to the other. Just for convience i know Comcast here has Added alot of HD and Gone ADS Picture is just as good as Dish . Kinda nice to have both HSI and TV on one bill. And also if any issues arise Comcast guarantees in my area a respose within 24hrs

I moved from Dish to TimeWarner now Comcast before the Voom aquisition. I was happy about HD picture quality compared to DISH but after a few new channels popped up I can tell the compression has grown a lot and has degraded the previously superior quality.

At this point I would stick with at Sat system until cable moves everyone to digital. It has been disappointed the the cable side in general.

I moved from Dish to Cox Communications and have about 35 HD Channels and was told that they were adding 15-20 more in the next few months. The HD channels seems to be much clearer than Dish's HD Channels. Loving the CNN HD Channel! I made the move because I have 4 HD TV's and Dish would not work with me on having four HD/DVR Receivers. I went a head and got the Bundle Deal (Cable/HD/DVR/Phone/Internet/Unlimited Long Distance) By combining all Services and I'm saving about $52.00 a month! It's nice not having two Dishes on the top of my house. Local Customer Service is much better than having a CSR from another country that I can't understand.

Well I went from cable to dish then back to cable and now am with directv and plan to stay.
Columbia cable
Media one cable
Comcast cable
Wide open west cable
Charter cable

Of all of these Comcast and Wide open west were the only ones that were truely reliable, wow had the best prices and comcast had the best customer service.

With dish and directv dish was easier to use with the receivers in general and made it easier to diagnose a satellite or transponder issue. Directv is leading in hd and the pricing is considerably better for that wich is the only thing that directv has over dish but where both are failing miserably in my book is in customer service, billing issues, and now requiring a two year commitment for new customers.

I have both dish and mediacom cable. Mediacom has great HD choices now and the picture quality is slightly better. There are features of both that I like and so as long as I can afford it, I will keep both. Besides, when my Dish drops out in bad weather, I can always still watch tv. Funny how that when the weather is the worst and I mostly want to see the local news, is when my dish quits working.
Since I quit drinking, I can afford to have both.

Last edited:
I went from DISH to Insight cable, bought out by Comcast last December.

Reason is that we moved, I am renting on a 9 month lease, and I don't think i have a shot at the satellites due to the trees to the south.

Comcast in Rockford is lousy in HD. We have LIL, ESPN 1&2, MHD, TNT, Universal, HDNet, and HDnet movies. Rumor is that we will lose the last two before anything is added as Comcast doesn't have contracts with Mark Cuban.

I would go back in a heartbeat.

So I get home tonight and there is a letter from Comcast promising 22 new HD channels in April. I guess my satisfaction quotient just went way up :)

I am in a FiOS TV area, and I'm sticking with Dish. More channels, I like my OTA tuner, and the Dish DVR is still pretty top notch.

I left Cocks err.. Cox Cable nearly 2 years ago. They were horrible. They just kept raising rates and removing channels, and their HD lineup is as pathetic as the Miami Heat. They only offer 26 HD stations in my market, and that includes the FOUR premium movie channels. I get 46+ with my DirecTV, which doesn't even count my NFL or NBA packages. I'd get more HD movie stations if I just had the Stars! Package (5) than if I paid all the money for all Cox's HD movie channels.

I'd rather have Dinah Lohan as my mother or have Anna Nicole Smith give me prenatal care than go back to Cox Cable. Our local Comcast systems are very good, with a good HD lineup and quality service. Sadly my town does not get Comcast, but every time I pull into my driveway I look up at my Slimline Dish with pride as I know I am getting better television than anyone else in the town who does not have one on their roof.

Im going back to cable for my internet and phone after only 6 weeks with att, I was told several times with three seperate individuals that my bill would be $60.18 for local and long unlimited plus 3 meg dsl, first month partial was $89.99 and the first full month is $98.99, called the csr and was told that my monthly bill will be $70.48 before all the taxes and fee's associated with the goverments excessive fee's ect ect so I called charter back and will be paying $76 after taxes for 5meg net and unlimited phone.

If the digital cable that is available less than a mile from me (their fiber runs less than a 1/4 of a mile from my house) was available to me, I'd switch to them and get digital cable and cable internet (since DSL isn't available to me) in a heart beat!! No more rain fade for my TV or internet!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)