Votes: 23 40.4%
  • 6-10

Votes: 14 24.6%
  • 11-20

Votes: 11 19.3%
  • 21+

Votes: 9 15.8%

• Total voters
20 right now, but there's a lot on my to-buy list. (Poseidon, plus lots of new releases like Mallrats, 40YOV, Failure to Launch, Smokey & The Bandit, Bruce Almighty, Liar Liar, etc...) All keepers!

Still only 1 BR so far for anyone keeping track. Gridiron Gang, btw.

I don't own a player in either format, and own no HD-DVDs. Oddly, I own one Blu-ray (too good a deal to pass up- keep/gift it). I didn't vote since I'm not your target audience- but it made me wonder: How many people own a player, but like Paradox, don't own ANY discs? Risk the bucks for a player, but not to build a library until a winner is clear- or it's clear both will survive.

I dont buy DVD's...I rent them. Dont see the point

I own around 25 HD DVD's, not including "Happy Feet" & Children of Men", which are on their way. I've rented over 30 thru Netflix.

I use the same criteria for HD DVD as I did for DVD - if I've seen the movie in the cinema or know enough about it to be certain I'll want to watch it several times, I buy it. If unsure, I rent. Sometimes even after renting a movie, I like it so much I buy it. King Kong, Batman Begins, and Seabiscuit were rentals that I enjoyed so much I ended up buying a copy. On the other hand - for my tastes - one viewing of Poseidon and Dukes of Hazzard was more than enough. :rolleyes:

I've stopped purchasing HD-DVD, or even regular DVD's and just use NetFlix now. Until the studios and manufactures resolve the HD-DVD/BD war they're not getting any more of my money on purchases.

yea when HDDVD first came out i bought any movie that I know id watch, now i just buy the ones that i have to have like the departed, just becuase i dont want to be stuck with a bunch of HDDVDS if BD wins.

I have every USA released HD DVD title and about 50 BD titles and have watched most at least once.

Some of the concerts, like Chicago/Earth Wind and Fire, The Eagles, Pat Methany, Barry Manilow and some of the classical titles are playing in our store every day. We all love them.

-Robert

I have every USA released HD DVD title and about 50 BD titles and have watched most at least once.

Some of the concerts, like Chicago/Earth Wind and Fire, The Eagles, Pat Methany, Barry Manilow and some of the classical titles are playing in our store every day. We all love them.

-Robert

Which format do you prefer?

Well, that's a loaded question, seeing as how he earns his living selling these things. His answer would have to be "most diplomatic."

I only own one HD-DVD....and that is the on that came with the HD-DVD add on that I bought for the 360. I rent from BlockBuster online and that really keeps me busy with alot to watch. I do want to buy Happy Feet though....because it is a DVD and HD-DVD combo disk.