How many Hoppers and Joeys are allowed?

How many Hoppers and Joeys are allowed? If Dish has no limit, who on this site has the most Dish equipment?
I was wondering this myself. I currently have a 722 and a 722k. I want to keep two, separate tuners/DVRs, but Dish fights me on this. They say I have to have one Hopper and a Joey. I don't want to share one DVR.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I was wondering this myself. I currently have a 722 and a 722k. I want to keep two, separate tuners/DVRs, but Dish fights me on this. They say I have to have one Hopper and a Joey. I don't want to share one DVR.
Use two Wally receivers, and add your own external hard drives. There is no way to share between them that way.

The drawback, of course, is that Wally will not work with any of your existing recordings, if you were planning to transfer those. In that case, you would probably want a Hopper Duo and a Wally. Just keep in mind that the Hopper Duo (or any other model Hopper) would be the only receiver on your account capable of playing archived recordings from both of your 722's.

Reactions: TheKrell
In that case, you would probably want a Hopper Duo and a Wally. Just keep in mind that the Hopper Duo (or any other model Hopper)
Dish might not want to do that either.
I want to keep two, separate tuners/DVRs, but Dish fights me on this.
I know people have had multiple Hoppers. I don't; I went from a 722 and 2 612's to one H3 and 2 J3's. You may have to buy your own 2nd Hopper if you can't get Dish to lease that combo. Also note that you hardly need separate tuners/DVRs with the H3's 16 tuners. Conflicts are a thing of the past.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Dish might not want to do that either.
They might not want to do that, but they are more likely to actually do that. Wally is Dish's recommended solution for tailgating. You can have up to two Wally on the same account as a Hopper, thanks to the Pathway X2 dish that supports two Wally. Each Wally must be purchased, though. It is cheaper to purchase a Wally than it is to purchase a second Hopper.

I know people have had multiple Hoppers. I don't; I went from a 722 and 2 612's to one H3 and 2 J3's. You may have to buy your own 2nd Hopper if you can't get Dish to lease that combo. Also note that you hardly need separate tuners/DVRs with the H3's 16 tuners. Conflicts are a thing of the past.
I thought it was more about keeping the DVR lists separate, ensuring that one user can't see another user's recordings, without the hassle of needing to set up folders, parental locks, etc.