How many of You have lost interest in XM?

DSS Fan

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Minnesota
With all the price increases and all. Who's ready to sell off what radios you have on ebay before they go out? Then they won't be worth anything.

I'd suspect a large majority of satellite radios are installed in vehicles, probably not worth the trouble to remove/replace.

I actually lost interest in both companies when they merged. Then Sirius dropped Pop2k, then The Beat changed to XM BPM...I just ain't with it anymore and already cancelled XM and considering the same with Sirius.

I dont know if this a sign on how bad they may be doing business wise, but when I called recently to see if they had any one year promtions to look into getting xm back for a decent price. All they seemed to have one the lifetime $300 dollar or so price. Plus I have not seen any mailers with promtions in a long time

Dont know if they are doing this to try to get as much as they can??

Well, as long as the Des Moines radio market is monopolized by Clear Channel, there is no Air America outlet here and I can't listen to my favorite teams, I will continue to subscribe to XM.

BTW, if anyone wants to get rid of their radios, contact me!

I can't say that I've lost interest in Sirius or XM. I enjoy the variety of music that I cannot get from my local FM stations, and my iPod does not give me live coverage of the NHL, NFL, or European Soccer.

I'm not ready to quit yet but since the consolidation they have certainly cut down on the music choices. If I weren't in a rural area I expect I would pack it in. But I do find myself listening to cds more often.

I'll give them another year if they last.

I called to cancel and got the $77 deal everyone is talking about. I may very well try to cancel again next year though. For a low price it's worth it... for 13, 14, 15 - 20 bucks a month, it's not. Two radios, Internet, etc... that could get expensive.

My 6 month free trial expired the other day, just after noon while listening to BBC news. I went ahead and called and renewed my Sirius for another year. $77 or so.

Looks like they might be around for a while now.

I had lost interest after the merger. However, I just bought a new Chevy with XM as part of the radio with 3 free months. Now I have been listening more than ever and when the 3 months free is up I'll keep up the sub in the car.

I called to cancel and got the $77 deal everyone is talking about. I may very well try to cancel again next year though. For a low price it's worth it... for 13, 14, 15 - 20 bucks a month, it's not. Two radios, Internet, etc... that could get expensive.

I cancelled about two months ago, local radio just does not have it, but it is nice to save a few bucks. The $77 dollar deal does sound appealing though, I have read about it , but was unsure if XM customer were still able to use it. Is there anything special that I need to say

I lost interest two years ago after losing Music Lab and Luna. I have been looking for a replacement for the music for a while now. I have found it in Slacker. I listen to the iPhone app whenever I want to discover new artists for find a genre I haven't listened to before. With all the news/talk choices on apps like AOL Radio, Flycast, superior sound quality of the music on Slacker and Pandora, and soon to come, MLB Gameday Audio (Home and Away Broadcasts) availalble on the MLB At Bat app for the iPhone, satellite radio is an unnecessary waste of money.

We canceled our Sirius subscription at the end of February. We had it since 2003. The wife lost interest and we're trying to cut out as much as we can from our budget.

I have an iphone so all the shows i used to listen to are on podcasts, but since the channel switch over i really lost interest everything is so cheasy now. They spend more time saying sirius xm xm chan# sirius chan # only on sirius xm then anything. But the music choices now arent great at all seems like they play nothing good anymore and the same crap all day.

I just let both of my subs expire. Too many repeats and too many commercials (hey fella's). I also use my WM6 phone & BT to play internet radio on my car stereo.

Now that the nicer weather is just around the corner, I'll start to commute on the motorcyle nearly daily. I just could not justify the cost anymore for a product that has gone downhill so much. If I get a good offer close to the end of summer, I may subscribe again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts