How many people are happy with Blockbuster @ Home?

I find it only fun when I'm having fun with a service. Anyway the queue is purged now so 1/3 on the way to ending this. I'll get the last disk in and send it back immediately and after I get the email that they received it, I will call and cancel.

I must not be getting something here. Are you going to cancel the entire BB@H service, including all the channels (previously Platinum channels) that come with it? Why not just stop using the disk service all together and still keep the channels? You wouldn't have to do anything else.

Haven't used it that much, my wife insists on the latest releases, and they never seem to be available (very long wait) so we get it elsewhere. Use BBMP for the occasional back-library title we didn't get around to seeing....Ah, forgot to add no stores within 90-min drive for us, so in-store exchange not an option for us.
Yes, the local in-store trade-ins are the only way we've been able to get new releases. If it wasn't for that we probably would have kept Netflix (we still have Netflix for streaming though). But the discs-by-mail is a nice bonus to the plantinum package (now BB@Home). But if Dish was serious about BB streaming (which i now doubt), they would have it available on 3rd party devices.

I must not be getting something here. Are you going to cancel the entire BB@H service, including all the channels (previously Platinum channels) that come with it? Why not just stop using the disk service all together and still keep the channels? You wouldn't have to do anything else.

I'm not the person you were addressing but that is what I'm doing. I posted early in this thread that I was pretty happy with the service. I had it for quite a while before Dish bought it out. We originally canceled our Disks from Netflix and went streaming only and added Blockbuster 3 disk plan so we could get new releases without the 28 day delay.

Right from the beginning we had a hard time getting new releases by mail but the in store exchanges were great. I could get anything I wanted the day it came out. Over the last couple months this has really gone down hill at my store. I talked to a manager who said their by mail exchanges have increased dramatically since the Dish takeover but their stock of new release Blurays has decreased. He told me on average they get in 2 to 4 copies of each movie on Bluray now while they used to easily get 10 or more copies of the more popular movies.

This has made it very frustrating to get specific movies I want the week they come out. I tried for 3 weeks to get a copy of Drive on Bluray before I gave up and ordered the PPV. If I have to wait weeks for new releases anyways this removes a lot of the disadvantage Netflix has with their stupid no rental windows. They have better stock of blurays once they do release them and a better catalog of hard to find movies. Plus now my recommended movies include disks and I only have to search one integrated site to add movies for both instant and by mail.

When it became a Dish package the extra channels were a nice bonus that we watch occasionally but not enough to pay $20 for our 3 disks or $10 for just the channels and 1 disk. Between AT 250 and HBO we have plenty of movie choices on Dish without the Blockbuster pack. Plus we just got Starz added half off for the next 6 months.

If you are subscribing to this package for the extra channels and see the disks as a bonus than it is probably still a great value for you. For us we had it before the channels came with it so the channels were our bonus. To us it just wasn't a good enough movie rental option anymore.

Edit: Hopefully those of us leaving because we can't get new releases anymore will make it easier for those of you sticking with it.

Well, I HAD been pretty happy with BB@Home until a couple of weeks ago. Dunno what's happened but for some reason any shipping of discs has come to a stand-still for me. I've had up to 6 titles showing as available for days on end and still nothing shipped. I've called and emailed them and all they can tell me is I need to keep at least 10 titles in my queue that are available. The only way one could do that is to add very old ones that I've seen several times. I'm on a 2 out @ a time plan and currently have 27 listed and right now only 3 show as "available". Those 3 have been listed as available for about 10 days and still haven't been shipped. Not a happy camper!

Ed

I'm not the person you were addressing but that is what I'm doing. I posted early in this thread that I was pretty happy with the service. I had it for quite a while before Dish bought it out. We originally canceled our Disks from Netflix and went streaming only and added Blockbuster 3 disk plan so we could get new releases without the 28 day delay.

Right from the beginning we had a hard time getting new releases by mail but the in store exchanges were great. I could get anything I wanted the day it came out. Over the last couple months this has really gone down hill at my store. I talked to a manager who said their by mail exchanges have increased dramatically since the Dish takeover but their stock of new release Blurays has decreased. He told me on average they get in 2 to 4 copies of each movie on Bluray now while they used to easily get 10 or more copies of the more popular movies.

This has made it very frustrating to get specific movies I want the week they come out. I tried for 3 weeks to get a copy of Drive on Bluray before I gave up and ordered the PPV. If I have to wait weeks for new releases anyways this removes a lot of the disadvantage Netflix has with their stupid no rental windows. They have better stock of blurays once they do release them and a better catalog of hard to find movies. Plus now my recommended movies include disks and I only have to search one integrated site to add movies for both instant and by mail.

When it became a Dish package the extra channels were a nice bonus that we watch occasionally but not enough to pay $20 for our 3 disks or $10 for just the channels and 1 disk. Between AT 250 and HBO we have plenty of movie choices on Dish without the Blockbuster pack. Plus we just got Starz added half off for the next 6 months.

If you are subscribing to this package for the extra channels and see the disks as a bonus than it is probably still a great value for you. For us we had it before the channels came with it so the channels were our bonus. To us it just wasn't a good enough movie rental option anymore.

Edit: Hopefully those of us leaving because we can't get new releases anymore will make it easier for those of you sticking with it.

AMEN! Must be our distribution center---Lansing. VERY irritating!:rant::mad:

Ed

If things don't change SOON gonna be dropping it. The extra HD channels are NOT worth $15 @ month to me without any discs shipped.

AMEN! Must be our distribution center---Lansing. VERY irritating!:rant::mad:

Ed

If things don't change SOON gonna be dropping it. The extra HD channels are NOT worth $15 @ month to me without any discs shipped.
But are the extra channels worth $10 a month if you drop down to the 1-disc plan and just don't use the disc rentals?

Working pretty well for me. I get discs the second day after they ship, then do an in-store exchange. So I can get 2-3 discs per week, which is really more than I can watch. I get all my new releases and long wait items from the store. No luck with games though. In any case, I'll probably drop it when my trial is up since Redbox is still cheaper considering the limited number of discs I actually have time to watch. And I rarely watch any of the BB@H channels.

I can see how anyone relying on mail alone would be frustrated. In-store exchanges are the only way it works so well for me.

Let me repeat as I think you addressed this to me.
I have AT250 + HD + Showtime. That works fine for me. I added the BB@Home ( formerly BB Movie Pass) for $10 Plus taxes because they claimed 3D Blu Ray titles. But since the beginning I have only ever received 3 3D Blue Ray titles and 9 total from the mail. I could have simply gotten those 6 2D titles from my Netflix or BB Movie Pass in store service so to get those through the BB@Home for added $10 was a wash financially. Also, the extra 20 channels is not that important to me since I checked them out and did not find any of interest. A couple I already had with my HD add-on to AT250. So, what I paid for was about $50 plus taxes to get 3 3D titles under the promise of 3D titles and unlimited disks. It is like you buy high speed internet from your ISP and they claim "up to 6Mbs download" and then test it the best you ever get is 500kbs. ( This actually happened with my daughter and AT&T broadband.)

So I hope you now understand- The 20 channels was not of interest to me. It's like you go to McDonalds and order a coke where they claim you pay a little more and get unlimited refills plus a toy you don't want or need. So you go for the deal, pay your money because you plan on getting two refills, and when you go to the machine for your refill, it's empty! When you complain the machine is empty, the CSR says: Oh, you'll have to wait until we have more demand before we will refill the machine.

Working pretty well for me. I get discs the second day after they ship, then do an in-store exchange. So I can get 2-3 discs per week, which is really more than I can watch. I get all my new releases and long wait items from the store. No luck with games though. In any case, I'll probably drop it when my trial is up since Redbox is still cheaper considering the limited number of discs I actually have time to watch. And I rarely watch any of the BB@H channels.

I can see how anyone relying on mail alone would be frustrated. In-store exchanges are the only way it works so well for me.[/QUOTE

A month ago my experience with disc shipping mirrored yours. Most titles were LONG WAIT or VERY LONG wait but I still managed to get 2 discs @ week. No more. Something has happened at the distribution center in Lansing, MI. Dunno what, but it looks like I'll be crawling back to Netflix.

Ed

I just started my account and got my first game in for the kids. I was worried about the movie wait time but then I remembered why I quit Netflix in the first place. Movies would just sit on my table for a month or more at a time before I would watch them. This was mainly due to the fact that I watched so many movies that I es running out of choices that I really wanted to watch. With the blockbuster even if the wait is long I guess it won't matter.

Never did the mail-in part yet. As for the steaming, not too thrilled there. Some play great, some buffer to the point where I give up. Tried the "Watch Later" option and that even records choppy and some times not even the entire movie.

On the other hand I can watch HBO Go through the Roku box without any interruption. Same location(Roku box sits on top of 612 receiver), both wifi from same source. Oh and the 612 uses the Netgear wifi adapter purchased from Dish.

Mailed my first disk back as I have been doing store exchanges, mailed out a disk on wednesday, got the new movie today. Very happy with that turn around. Will go to blockbuster after watching this to exchange

I am not happy at all either with it...if they switch the platnium part away from the blockbuster part, I will cancel for sure. They are very slow at shipping things out, have had 3 broken disks...once they returned the same broken disk. Once very mad about that one, and have had movies go from available to long wait or just completely removed from the site and again...they are just crappy. If I wasnt still mad at netflix and liked dish so much I would go back to netflix.

I wonder if distribution ceter has anything to do with it. I have had good experiences with it, but have read on how people have have problems with mailing of disks and such

Can't complain here, I think for me the "bonus" I think is having a blockbuster very close to me. Loke a five minute drive, that store gets good traffic as its really the only brick amd motat video store in our city. Might be putting a lot into that piece, but I really think it adds more value being able to walk in and exchange

And kudos to the Lansing, MI distribution center, disks have been fast!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)