How many people returning to C-band?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Wilis

Original poster
Mar 2, 2005
I've been reading alot of forums and lately I am seeing more and more people returning to C/KU band with Bud. Is this a new trend?
Are Buds making a comeback?

Most people don't want a BUD in their yard so they go to pizza dish because its easier. They dont have to wait for the dish to move from AMC7 to G11 as an example.. But there are a fair amount of us who actually got into C-Band recently (or had it years ago)

I got into C-Band recently for the stuff I couldnt get on KU. The wild feeds (love them!!...kinda fun to see COPS in the early morning) and the HD stuff.

I had a C-Band dish 25 years ago for a couple of years.

Got away from it entirely during all those lost years, but when I got into FTA, I could still remember the old C-Band days and knew if I was going to get into this hobby it would be all or nothing.

C-Band has a lot of extra channels to offer that you can't get on Ku.

Fred

I have only had C-Band since late last summer. Father-In-Law gave me a 10 ft mesh dish a few years ago along with a Houston Tracker receiver that quit working as soon as I plugged it in. Got the bug from these forums so I went to ebay and picked up a Toshiba TRX-1520 for about $ 20.00

I had one for a long time, but turned to the dark side. I am getting mine going again. Trouble is all the big dish dealers have all gone out of business. I used to hire everything done to my dish, but thats not possible anymore. You all have helped so much with advise and suggestions.

Thanks alot guys.

allen

C-band is great, I am afraid however that the big networks and channel owners are not going to allow us access even though we have the capability to be authorized.

If so......I will be straight fta. I have no children and I am single so FTA will do it for me.

I am not subbing to the high prices of cable and pizza

Been in C band since 1987, got into Ku and FTA last year. Got my 4DTV a couple years ago.

I wouldn't mind going in to cband... but need to get wife approval rating higher... bigger yard in a few years may improve the rating?...

If I could find a free 6 foot dish I would be in the C-band game. I have wife approval, finally. But all the dishes I see around here are 8' and 10'. I am still looking. :)

I have aq 6 foot Fortec Dish with a HH180 Motor to move it with.Also a LNB,Its your i even took it down,Just figure out how to get it.Im giving it away cause someone was super enpugh to give me a 10 foot Dish.If you want it its your,Just PM me i guess.

I wanted C AND Ku all along and to be able to click on a channel and FTA receiver moves dish and I get a C or Ku channel.

But this was not possible (with most FTA receivers) until they recently came out with the BSC621-2 C/Ku LNBF. This controls polarity with 13/18 volts and works along with modern FTA receivers.

So now I can click on a C or Ku channel, dish moves to sat, correct LNB is switched to by diseq switch, and proper polarity is selected on the LNB with 13/18 volts on the coax cable.

And those who live in my house who are not "technical" can select a channel, then get it. No mess, no fuss!

So before people like me had Ku only. But with the BSC621-2, I have now added C band.

I know that, but I don't have 'permission' to have anything bigger than a 6'. :D
Sometimes ya gotta take what's given. :)
I bet you could fabricate a measuring tape that would say it's 6'.. just a little paint and some stencils would work here ;)

is it for a stationary dish or one you plan on moving.
if you can mount it low enough to the ground and maintain good line of sight a 8 ft mesh dish won't look much larger..... being low would be the selling point

if i find a 6 fter i will set it up next to my 10 fter its mounted almost on the ground

I have been in C-Band since 1987 , I have 3 Dishes up a 71/2, Unimash and 2, 6 footers a Winegards and a KTI all with polar mount and C/KU feeds .

I bet you could fabricate a measuring tape that would say it's 6'.. just a little paint and some stencils would work here ;)

She's been so cool with the two dishes I have so far I don't wanna cause any trouble. I could get 8's and 10's all day long down here..they're everywhere. I have a LOS issue too, which is why I have two motorized dishes in the first place. I really don't want to clutter my back yard up with dishes, either. I am not THAT diehard...:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)