How many receivers can be connected to one dish

This sounds like an awful lot of work, and expense, for a campground that has RVs moving in and out all the time. The OP refers to management in the original post. It would seem like management should take the initiative here...

You could use a dish with individual DP dual LNBs feeding two DPP33 switches for 6 receivers without a power supply. If you split the LNB outputs with DP splitters (not separators), you can feed 4 DPP 33 switches for 12 receivers with no power supply from one dish. In theory, this should work.

I remember an old Dish document that had DP splitters feeding two banks of DPP44 switches feeding 24 receivers. Hard to find DP splitters now, A 3GH dual power passing splitter should work for the DP splitter such as;
http://www.onesat.ca/BGI-2-Way-High...0MHz-S3HD-2-p/bgi-2-way-splitter-s3hd-2pp.htm

This would not work for legacy receivers unless a DP or DPP receiver was also connected to provide enough power.

This is only for the seasonal campers only. Currently there are only one Directv and 2 Dish. This year will bring 4 more Dish that I know of. I'm only guessing on management but as I have only one of three spots in the campground that can see the satellite I don't want to clutter my yard with more than one dish, so I don't mind feeding as many as is possible. I also think my limit due to distance would be about 5 campers. There is no reason a ground rod could not be driven at each camper and grounded before entering the camper and asking the owners to ground their generators also.

There is no reason a ground rod could not be driven at each camper and grounded before entering the camper and asking the owners to ground their generators also.

Probably would be fine but it is still a "floating" ground. ideally you want all the grounds ''bonded" together.

Little older thread, but is there bigger switches than 44?
How about if you need to install dish in a hotel with 100s of rooms?
Dish has a commercial install that fits that, a different animal.

Did I read somewhere that 16 was the max on one Dish for a home install??

Pretty sure it is, trunking 4 - 44 switches together. I've seen 13 211's run that way

:) I got that, the question is what is the name of this "animal" what is the model number of the switch and is there a pictures of it somewhere ?
It's called a smart box. There is no switch, other than the 44 switch that connects to the box itself. I believe each of those blades runs 16 tv's in HD over Coax

BW-Valpo-smartbox-rack-close1.jpg

Is it like Directv's D2Lite box? I had them put one in for my MDU and they didn't charge me anything. Of course, it's not for me, I use Dish, but there are several other tenants who have Directv and it de-cluttered the maintenance room for me.

Of course, you could just do this:

View attachment 132319
Yikes!!!!!!

Ok, so, today, what is the maximum amount of "boxes" allowed on a single residential account? Also, could you include how many DVR's and clients, etc. I used to know the answer many years ago, but I think the numbers have changed since then long before the Hoppers. I know Dish has a maximum number of Hoppers and Clients they will subsidize, but what is the total maximum number including subscribers paying for additional boxes/clients beyond what Dish subsidizes?

Thanks in advance.

For a Hopper system, you can have a Hopper 3 and 5 Joeys, or add 2 more purchased joeys. Or 2 Hopper 2000's/ or Slings and 4 Joeys, iirc

And thats only per account. You can have receivers from multiple accounts attached to one dish.

It was discussed in another thread how many receivers was the limit. I remember a diagram floating around too.

Reactions: pattykay
And thats only per account. You can have receivers from multiple accounts attached to one dish.

It was discussed in another thread how many receivers was the limit. I remember a diagram floating around too.

I thought when the Wally was first announced that there would be the capability of attaching 32 of them to one dish, possibly requiring a DPH42. <-- hazy on that requirement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)