how many times to you?

This is something that is going to be happening over the next few days in many locations. The reason is the DTV switch over. The OTA signals that E* is picking up will switch to a different digital channel OTA. We will be doing this tomorrow night and moving from ch 13 to ch 9 so all will have to rescan. What has been happening recently has been possible testing the new transmitters or maybe weather related. In fact I just spoke with the uplink to let them know the time that we will be shutting down the old transmitter and powering back up with the new full power transmitter.

The reason the locals went out yesterday is because of the severe storms in the area of Mt. Jackson, Va. Do you lose signal during heavy rain in your local area? Imagine trying to shoot a signal through 40 to 60 thousand feet of water and ice to a target 22,500 miles away. Storms in this area of Virginia have been more intense than normal recently. I am guessing that the reason we see the slate saying locals will return shortly is because the main uplink center senses the loss of signal and transmits a temporary signal to replace the locals until the storm clears.

Wondering why E* picked this area of Virginia? My guess is (another one) that it is close to a national radio quiet zone for the best possible signal reliability National Radio Quiet Zone .

I hope E* has their s**t together before the switch on Friday.

Not weather related at all. Sunny and clear. This is just inept engineering in my opinion. As much as I hate cable, CUT ME A DEAL COMCRAP! I am ready for a change after 12 years with E

Weather related on E* end, not yours... And I doubt your locals are uplinked from Virginia.

Don,t know where they are uplinked from. I am in Northern Calif, 80 miles north of San Francisco. All of my locals are currently out on my DISH system. Seems to always happen during 5 to 7pm time frame.

It's possible your regional uplink center is experiencing a storm ! If they don't come back soon, 20 min or so, I'd suggest a service call to E* . Keep an eye out for other posts about losing locals in your area, if you don't see any, it's a pretty good possibility that the problem is on your end.

Message says it is NOT my problem, do not call for service. It is on their end. Besides, the non-local cable stations on the same satellites are coming in perfectly. No, something is not right at DISH!

The message is generated automatically when the signal is lost for whatever reason. Maybe you're at the edge of the spot beam and losing signal. In any event if you reset your receiver and don't have the channels or the problems are reoccurring, you have a problem and need to contact E*.

The message is generated automatically when the signal is lost for whatever reason. Maybe you're at the edge of the spot beam and losing signal. In any event if you reset your receiver and don't have the channels or the problems are reoccurring, you have a problem and need to contact E*.

Thanks Laddy Boy. I had no knowledge of that. I thought, and rightfully so, that such a notice would appear only if it was a general outage, not just my signal. Otherwise why state not to contact DISH? Is it my responsiblility to do my own troubleshooting when I don't even own the system? DISH certainly has its priorities screwed up in my opinion.

Please don't think I am shooting the messenger here.....I'm just venting!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)