How Many USB OTA Adapters Are Needed

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
I have ordered a Hopper with 3 Joeys. How many USB OTA Adapters do I need to get OTA on all TVs. The tech tells me none but I doubt that is correct.

Thank you. Next job will be getting them to tqake my order.

It is important to understand that the OTA adapter is only going to see one channel at a time and all of your receivers will only see that one channel at a time... So, let's say that you are watching channel 2 off of your antenna on your Hopper, your Joeys will only be able to join that tuner. They will not be able to watch channel 4 off of the antenna.

Reactions: ChadT41
The OTA adapters do not work by connecting them to a Joey, just to expand on what the others have said. Also, the Hopper will only support/recognize (1) adapter.

I get satellite and OTA back on Christams eve. Basic cable sucks.

And knowing DISH that is probably some type of one time charge where they still own it and are leasing it to you with some sort of hidden extra monthly charge. :)
The only thing Dish leases is modems, TRIA's, and receivers. Everything else from the Dish store is for purchase. Dish remotes are $20, and they also are not leased and cheaper than many places as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)